• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    Saw this fellow Sunday and yesterday in a five deer bachelor group. One of the others is pretty impressive as well but no good pic yet. I'm no deer expert or anything but I'd say that's pretty big for June.

big_deer.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    That's HUGE!

I saw a basket 7 or 8pt tonight, nothing that size.

Attachments

• 20190626_183958.jpg
      20190626_183958.jpg
      98 KB · Views: 606

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yup, antlers are too big for his body. Wonder if he's 2 or 3 years old?? You can tell by examining the teeth.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yup, antlers are too big for his body. Wonder if he's 2 or 3 years old?? You can tell by examining the teeth.

Yeah. Same size as the deer next to him. But look at the neck, already bulking up to carry the weight. I’ve got one that looks like him, 2 or 3 years old (I’s guess), who has a big club of antlers. Looks to be an 8-10 point, but other than the brow tines, the others haven’t grown out of the main beam enough for me to count and I haven’t had my binoculars or telephoto lens handy when I’ve seen him.

Former owner of the house said he saw a 10-pointer that slept behind his work truck sometimes. His wife would let him hunt the deer on the property.

My wife says “kill them all”.

So no idea if the same deer, but seems like the one near me is growing some good antlers.

But those are giant, not good.

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    These deer are relatively safe as long as they don't wander too far. There is a big section of pines nearby where they probably hang out a lot, only one tree stand in the area. Not mine though.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Saw a little guy yesterday. A VERY skinny buck with a poor looking rack. Maybe a 6 pointer if there's any brow tines. The interesting thing is he was in our yard between the house and the shed. No reason for him to be in that part of the yard. Nothing to eat there. Once he saw me, he ran to the edge of the woods but stopped there and walked the edge grazing for about 50 yards. Then hopped into the brush and down the hill to the water hole.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Saw this fellow Sunday and yesterday in a five deer bachelor group. One of the others is pretty impressive as well but no good pic yet. I'm no deer expert or anything but I'd say that's pretty big for June.

big_deer.jpg

That picture looks like me and my high school buddy hanging out looking for ladies. We affectionately described him as Real Big, Real Blonde, Real Dumb. I was lucky to pick up some of his cast offs.... but usually it was him swooping in on my targets. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom