• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Been wanting to try my hand at IDPA and saw this on the Sanners page. I've checked the IDPA site, looked at the COF, and submitted an online application. Any other registration requirements or do you just show up? I figure my Blackhawk Serpa rig & XD45 Tactical suffice for gear, any other tips?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Just show up, Sign up, and pay fee. The guys at Sanners are great, let them know that this is your first run through an IDPA Classifier. They will do everything they can to help you. Remember that Safety is more important than speed, and everything will go fine. I plan to be there as well. Mdeng

Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Stop at the trailer on your way to the pistol ranges. Fill out a "Hold-harmless" form, get a score sheet and sign the log-in for shooters, finally put $10 in the envelope (honor system). Then follow the noise. You can shoot at any of the stages that are set up. Each stage is the same course of fire so it doesn't matter which one you choose. Tell the SO you are a new shooter. :D
    You can arrive anywhere around 1000 - 1100. No set start time, except the SO's shoot first. If you want to meet a few of us before hand stop for breakfast at IHOP at 0730. We will be in the corner in the back left.

Last edited:

sbbieshelt

Jun 26, 2009
    Simple Pleasures Farm
    The wife and I shot is a couple months ago. One thing we learned was bring all the mags you have. It will run much smoother and faster if you have more mags and don't have to stop every stage to reload the mags. The guys are great. I don't like the qualifier as much as the regular events because it is not as scenario based as the regular shoots. But I still plan to be there Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom