• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    Stuck case in your AR? A better solution than "Mortaring". I'm ordering one.

http://weaponsman.com/?p=32947

Attachments

• US-Tool-Manual-Bolt-Extraction-Device-02-768x512.jpg
      US-Tool-Manual-Bolt-Extraction-Device-02-768x512.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 371

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Mortaring work pretty well, but if you can't for range rules or something... the leatherman MUT has a bolt override tool too (along with a bunch of others)

Attachments

• MUT_Bolt_Override.jpg
      MUT_Bolt_Override.jpg
      46.8 KB · Views: 368

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If mortaring works, why worry about carrying another tool. How often would this tool be used? I've been shooting the AR since 1986 and have mortared an AR exactly once. If you're having this kind of trouble frequently, I'd be looking for the solution.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    If mortaring works, why worry about carrying another tool. How often would this tool be used? I've been shooting the AR since 1986 and have mortared an AR exactly once. If you're having this kind of trouble frequently, I'd be looking for the solution.

Don't disagree. Been shooting M-16's or AR's since 81. Myself, I've only had one FTE that required mortaring. But I've helped clear several at the range. There are situations when mortaring may not be an option and a tool would help, especially with less experienced shooters and the number of Frankenstein ARs being built.

Since this group spends a lot of time at ranges assisting other folks, I thought I'd through it out there as an option. You can't troubleshoot the problem until the weapon is cleared.

I hadn't seen the Leatherman MUT. Probably a better (and maybe cheaper) alternative than a dedicated tool. YMMV.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Don't disagree. Been shooting M-16's or AR's since 81. Myself, I've only had one FTE that required mortaring. But I've helped clear several at the range. There are situations when mortaring may not be an option and a tool would help, especially with less experienced shooters and the number of Frankenstein ARs being built.

Since this group spends a lot of time at ranges assisting other folks, I thought I'd through it out there as an option. You can't troubleshoot the problem until the weapon is cleared.

I hadn't seen the Leatherman MUT. Probably a better (and maybe cheaper) alternative than a dedicated tool. YMMV.

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/LM8...k-Duty-Specific-Multi-Tool-Black-MOLLE-Sheath

Not super cheap, but it's VERY handy...especially if you shoot ARs a lot. The pocket clip makes it surprisingly easy to carry, and the knife is readily accessible when closed (unlike other leathermans). Overall, I'm very happy with mine.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    These are a great idea. I don't know of a range that doesn't have a "firearms must be pointed down range at all times", etc, so a tool like this is a must have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom