• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've never really been in to them but I'm finding them more and more intriguing.

Saw a Savage 24 on Facebook earlier. It was a combination 20 gauge/.22 Magnum.

Who out there has what in their safe?

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I do not own one (yet) but I have a strange curiosity toward the skeletonized Firearms International Bronco 22 lr /.410. It is such an odd firearm.

Attachments

• garcia.jpg
      garcia.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 353

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Many years ago a close friends father passed at 42 and was a passionate hunter. My buddy who I had grown up with since I was 2 years old and had no interest in guns was selling off his dads collection. His father actually passed of a heart attack while upland game hunting in Montoursville PA. In it was a Savage 24-J-DL in 22 mag over 20 gauge. It was perfect with the satin chrome receiver and gold trigger. Had a fox engraved on one side and pheasant on the other. My buddy had already promised it to another guy for $100. Man I wanted that gun as his dad was like a 2nd father to me.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'd love to have either a Drilling or a double rifle in common American calibers and gauges...most are European in odd (to Americans) calibers...and expensive. Even when common caliber examples are found they're way too expensive to even consider. A couple of times I've come across a Colt/Sauer Drilling but again...the price of admission is too high. A Weatherby Drilling is probably even more expensive.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'd love to have either a Drilling or a double rifle in common American calibers and gauges...most are European in odd (to Americans) calibers...and expensive. Even when common caliber examples are found they're way too expensive to even consider. A couple of times I've come across a Colt/Sauer Drilling but again...the price of admission is too high. A Weatherby Drilling is probably even more expensive.

The only affordable ones I've ever seen were "well loved"

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    I had a 222 over 12 gauge that was for turkey hunting. I traded it off for something that I cannot even remember for what is now. It was relatively modern with adjustable sights, Eastern European made with a couple of chokes, gloss, cut checkered etc.
    It came with some guns I bought one time so I checked it out and got rid of it after a awhile.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My uncle had a Stevens 22/410 that was supposed to come to me... I loved that rifle. His daughters a$$hole husband sold it out from under me ( it was willed). To this day I am still pissed about it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I have an old Stevens 22/410 that I picked up years ago. The rifle barrel has a bulge about halfway, not sure how they did that!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Never had a combination shotty/rifle but I love single shot, break action 12 guage shotguns. Add a couple of rifled adapters and you can shoot just about anything.

I have a single shot H&R 20 gauge that came with a 30-30 barrel. I wonder if you can still get spare rifle barrels for those shotguns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom