• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I've never really been in to them but I'm finding them more and more intriguing.

Saw a Savage 24 on Facebook earlier. It was a combination 20 gauge/.22 Magnum.

Who out there has what in their safe?

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    I do not own one (yet) but I have a strange curiosity toward the skeletonized Firearms International Bronco 22 lr /.410. It is such an odd firearm.

Attachments

• garcia.jpg
      garcia.jpg
      94.1 KB · Views: 353

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Many years ago a close friends father passed at 42 and was a passionate hunter. My buddy who I had grown up with since I was 2 years old and had no interest in guns was selling off his dads collection. His father actually passed of a heart attack while upland game hunting in Montoursville PA. In it was a Savage 24-J-DL in 22 mag over 20 gauge. It was perfect with the satin chrome receiver and gold trigger. Had a fox engraved on one side and pheasant on the other. My buddy had already promised it to another guy for $100. Man I wanted that gun as his dad was like a 2nd father to me.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'd love to have either a Drilling or a double rifle in common American calibers and gauges...most are European in odd (to Americans) calibers...and expensive. Even when common caliber examples are found they're way too expensive to even consider. A couple of times I've come across a Colt/Sauer Drilling but again...the price of admission is too high. A Weatherby Drilling is probably even more expensive.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I'd love to have either a Drilling or a double rifle in common American calibers and gauges...most are European in odd (to Americans) calibers...and expensive. Even when common caliber examples are found they're way too expensive to even consider. A couple of times I've come across a Colt/Sauer Drilling but again...the price of admission is too high. A Weatherby Drilling is probably even more expensive.

The only affordable ones I've ever seen were "well loved"

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I had a 222 over 12 gauge that was for turkey hunting. I traded it off for something that I cannot even remember for what is now. It was relatively modern with adjustable sights, Eastern European made with a couple of chokes, gloss, cut checkered etc.
    It came with some guns I bought one time so I checked it out and got rid of it after a awhile.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    My uncle had a Stevens 22/410 that was supposed to come to me... I loved that rifle. His daughters a$$hole husband sold it out from under me ( it was willed). To this day I am still pissed about it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I have an old Stevens 22/410 that I picked up years ago. The rifle barrel has a bulge about halfway, not sure how they did that!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Never had a combination shotty/rifle but I love single shot, break action 12 guage shotguns. Add a couple of rifled adapters and you can shoot just about anything.

I have a single shot H&R 20 gauge that came with a 30-30 barrel. I wonder if you can still get spare rifle barrels for those shotguns?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom