• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    How do the demoRATS expect the law to be enforced or who will enforce it? I think a lot of VSP troopers, county and local LEO will refuse to enforce the law because they will believe it is unconstitutional and or a lot of good people will not be living if they try to enforce the law. The demoRATS in the house and senate plus the nutty gov have declared war upon the people of VA.

The majority of police are not on our side. Most will happily slap the cuffs on you and I and not think twice about it. When the governments that pull this shit write exemptions into the law for police and military do you honestly think they're going to give up feeding their families for your guns?

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    As of today, 12/4/19, there are 41 Virginia Commonwealth counties, out of 93, with pro 2A Sanctuary declarations. Additional counties have upcoming votes. fred55

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    So I noticed that a few places in MD are also sanctuary counties. Does this mean these places are selling 30 round magazines and AR-15 or is their declaration just a bunch of horse crap?

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    So I noticed that a few places in MD are also sanctuary counties. Does this mean these places are selling 30 round magazines and AR-15 or is their declaration just a bunch of horse crap?

It doesn’t nullify the law. It’s just a statement that county resources won’t be used to enforce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It doesn’t nullify the law. It’s just a statement that county resources won’t be used to enforce it.

Looks like you had a good night down there if the shrieking from the leftist moonbats on FB is any indication. I keep trying to tell the spouse this is why we need our place to be out in the county and not in Staunton.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Yes. A good night. Crowd estimated at 1800!

My own county of Nelson is going to be an uphill battle. There’s a rally on Monday night, but the BoS refused to move Tuesday’s meeting from 2PM to 7PM to accommodate citizen interest. Right now, an amendment fails in Nelson County 3-2.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

My own county of Nelson is going to be an uphill battle. There’s a rally on Monday night, but the BoS refused to move Tuesday’s meeting from 2PM to 7PM to accommodate citizen interest. Right now, an amendment fails in Nelson County 3-2.

Nelson? Wife and I own some acreage in Nelson, up Montebello way.

Beautiful country.

Maybe you should run for office?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

Nelson? Wife and I own some acreage in Nelson, up Montebello way.

Beautiful country.

Maybe you should run for office?

Between the influx of C'ville douchebags and the Indians buying property at Wintergreen, Nelson County isn't what it used to be.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    In case anyone was wondering what Arlington Country says in response to a request to consider a 2A sanctuary resolution.

Dear XXXXXXX,

On behalf of the County Board, I am responding to your request that the Board consider adopting a resolution declaring Arlington a Second Amendment Sanctuary.

My colleagues and I agree that there is no threat to the Second Amendment in the Commonwealth, and no legislation contemplated either by the Virginia General Assembly or the United States Congress that could have the effect of infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms and therefore, no need to consider such a resolution.

In fact, the Board is poised to adopt a 2020 General Assembly Legislative Package this month that includes the following among our legislative priorities:

Gun Safety Measures:

Enact Red Flag, or Extreme Risk Protection Order Laws, creating a legal process for the temporary removal of firearms from individuals deemed to pose an imminent risk of violence to themselves or others

Adopt universal background checks for all gun buyers

Reinstate one-gun-a-month law – limiting handgun purchases to one gun a month

Ban sales of bump stocks, assault weapons, and armor piercing ammunition

Permit local governments to prohibit the possession of firearms on property owned or leased by the locality

We believe the adoption of such measures would reflect the desire of the majority of Arlingtonians, Virginians and Americans to see federal and state government adopt sensible gun safety measures.

Sincerely,

Christian Dorsey, Chair

Arlington County Board

**includes this link - https://arlington.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=3689&meta_id=190319

That reminds me of Comey's "here's a list of things Hillary has done that deserves indictment" then says nah. "There's nothing proposed that will infringe, but here is a list of infringements we want to implement."

namrelio

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2013
    Frederick Co. Virginia
    I received this from Frederick Co Board of Supervisors in reference about Sanctuarys. From Blaine P. Dunn.

We are working on a resolution to achieve that goal. Appreciate your support.

Blaine

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

very nice crowed a buddy of mine recorded the whole thing for me . VA can get people together in large numbers with little notice but yet in Md its a struggle

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    very nice crowed a buddy of mine recorded the whole thing for me . VA can get people together in large numbers with little notice but yet in Md its a struggle

Not to be harsh but if the bold is true , what happened on election day?

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Thanks for posting the Roanoke times article Stoveman. Glad to see not everyone in my hometown lost their balls even if the city council never had any. Roanoke city has always been blue but the influx of carpet bagging scum to Blacksburg who settle in Roanoke has ruined it. Case in point, dude at WDBJ who shot that reporter left a letter saying he hoped to start the race war in support if then President Obama. So what do the victims family’s blame? Not the racist shooter, but guns, and the dead lady’s coward boyfriend is currently in the house of delegates.

I’m wondering what Roanoke County will decide, they’re a deep red county surrounding the sadly blue city.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    So, Spotsylvania County's BOS meeting is Dec 10th. We have been discussing this on an app called nextdoor.com . The County posted the meeting notice. The discussion was very civil. The discussion has now been closed. There was another discussion - Gun Control, also very civil - but now closed as well. I have asked nextdoor who closed the discussions and why and have not received an answer. Coincidence or is the 1st Amendment now under attack in Virginia? That's a rhetorical question for those unsure. fred55

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom