• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Probable cause affidavit from MPD.

https://www.facebook.com/download/7...5QJg0jPxLeVC6DhuFXIkB74&hash=Acpq8Gcq-qmUdv-H

Overall it sounds like the potential victim is in the clear but a couple things of note:

10 rounds of 9mm casings found at the scene but the potential victim carried a Glock 43.

Although it was stated that the "heavy set" perp had a Glock handgun with an extended mag no mention of him using it.

The potential victim was with "associates" that he only knew as "Wolf-E" and "P".

Four businesses had windows shot.

link does not work.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    link does not work.
    Let's try it this way..

e116307c9c16acf9240f58bab7738311.jpg
    3556d008a11f19c53ffb433c89a0e06d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Still waiting on more facts and explanation. However do I know that corner is a drugs sales point. I have been offered several times.

On the neighborhood blogs, the response is not as negative as I expected. Honest people are tired of having a fantastic police force and a catch and release prosecution policy.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...8cfdb6-c392-11e9-b72f-b31dfaa77212_story.html

An arrest affidavit filed in D.C. Superior Court says one of the men was armed with a handgun with an extended magazine, and the other man held his hand under his shirt as if he had a firearm.

The victim told police he tried to walk away but was again blocked by one of the men who said, “Don’t move,” the affidavit says.

Police said the intended victim “brandished his lawfully possessed firearm and shot at the suspect, striking him in the arm.” Police said they recovered 10 bullet casings.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The charging document is hard to read on my phone . To clarify, was it the robber(s) being charged at this point ?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The charging document is hard to read on my phone . To clarify, was it the robber(s) being charged at this point ?

Yes. It says "Based up the complainant's account and the corresponding video footage, Nigel Pulliam and Keith Blue were place into custody at Howard Hospital for Assault with the Intent to Rob.

(I can't really make out the name of the hospital... I think it says Howard)

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    That being said there is a difference between reasonable fear and bare fear. If the CCW holder can articulate reasonable fear he will likely have no problem. If he cannot and a case can be made for bare fear he could be in trouble. For his sake I hope he has a good attorney.

The fact that he was approached by 2 individuals should be enough for this to be justified. Even unarmed, 2 people would be able to overwhelm most individuals with ease, at which point, they would be free to do what they wanted, whether it was to clean out his pockets, or to smash his skull to bits. To me, it's open and closed, although the concealed carrier needs to work on his aim...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    The fact that he was approached by 2 individuals should be enough for this to be justified. Even unarmed, 2 people would be able to overwhelm most individuals with ease, at which point, they would be free to do what they wanted, whether it was to clean out his pockets, or to smash his skull to bits. To me, it's open and closed, although the concealed carrier needs to work on his aim...

Your point is very well taken...but a lot depends on the testimony of the person about to be robbed. If he can't articulate his reasonable fear for his life it can be construed as bare fear and thus acted improperly. I'm not doubting his actions (beyond poor marksmanship) but merely how it can get improperly framed depending on his articulation or lack thereof what occurred.

One's words not artfully chosen can get one in legal jeopardy. When in the academy we were taught that when testifying in court. Poorly chosen words can be mischaracterized and make an otherwise clean case a difficult case.

I suggest to anyone...whether a law enforcement officer or civilian...when involved in a shooting...to not say a word to investigators until you have a lawyer present with you. You are required to make a statement but no law keeps you from waiting until you have representation to keep you from making statements that cause potential mischaracterization of the events.

In this case should the number of shots fired caused harm to someone uninvolved it could cause a real mess of things...for the person defending himself plus the ability in general for others having or wanting a carry permit within the District. It could be just what the anti-gun folks want...a justification to their claims of concealed carry causing a "wild west" environment they've claimed for years.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    should of known it was a good shooting by the lack of the MSM coverage.

Doesn't DC have a shooting requirement for their CCW? I understand stress but one hit out of ten , how far was he????? The buildings though didn't have a chance lol

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    should of known it was a good shooting by the lack of the MSM coverage.

Doesn't DC have a shooting requirement for their CCW? I understand stress but one hit out of ten , how far was he????? The buildings though didn't have a chance lol

DC has a shooting requirement, but it is more of a gun safety test than rigorous qualification.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    It’s one thing to fear for your life, but I believe there’s a duty to keep that firearm from getting into criminal hands. It sounds like that was going to happen unless action was take.

Last edited:

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    This is a sad, but funny read. PDF attached. Little clearer than previous posts. I think anyway..

Attachments

• Probably cause affidavit.pdf
      195.7 KB · Views: 174

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    This is a sad, but funny read. PDF attached. Little clearer than previous posts. I think anyway..

Looks like Wolf and P were less than forthcoming with the detective on the nature of their injuries, how they occurred, and where they occurred while the presumptive robbery victim who shot them appears to be somewhat corroborated by video evidence (and smart enough to call the police to say what he did).

Maybe I missed it, but Wolf and P are black males in the report, and I'm guessing that the victim is too - meaning that the Washington Post will most likely minimize coverage as they can't push a story about an out-of-control white carry permit holder shooting two innocent black bystanders.

George Lyon was fighting commenters in the Washington Post article comment section that were presuming the above narrative.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Looks like Wolf and P were less than forthcoming with the detective on the nature of their injuries, how they occurred, and where they occurred while the presumptive robbery victim who shot them appears to be somewhat corroborated by video evidence (and smart enough to call the police to say what he did).

Maybe I missed it, but Wolf and P are black males in the report, and I'm guessing that the victim is too - meaning that the Washington Post will most likely minimize coverage as they can't push a story about an out-of-control white carry permit holder shooting two innocent black bystanders.

George Lyon was fighting commenters in the Washington Post article comment section that were presuming the above narrative.

I might have missed the sarcasm but Wolf E and P were "associates" of the GGWG.

There is a lot left out of the Probably (sic) Cause document such as:

1. Did the heavyset fellow actually have a gun with him during the attempted robberty?
    2. Did he fire it? And were any of the shots that hit the bidnezzes come from his weapon.

Otherwise we are left to assume that the GGWG either performed a reload (G43) or had an extended mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom