• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I can see it now.

The Church of Spot77.

Spot: "Good Moooorning Ah! We. Today, at the Church of Spot77 will rise now to the sermon of John M. Browning. Preeeseented and Delivered by none other than the Founder of the International Church of Arms; Reverend DD214!

Shotgun Joe leading the "12 Gauges of Mossberg Choir"

Chad is in the backroom doing penance (polishing 1911 feedramps) because he wore his stilletos and cut off camo shorts to church again.

K-31 being the mariage counselor. Which involves a trap door on the floor and his hand on the lever.

Kiddie church activities include Magpul videos and reloading clinics.

Community outreach will involve Joppaj and Rev. FPS showing proper shot placement on thugs.

Reading will include the Psalms of Kalishnikov, The Revelations of Gene Stoner. The Book of Bill Wilson...

Big statue in the front of Charlton Heston.

Seriously, it's a bad idea.

You can bet I'd be at that service every day it was held. :lol:

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I can see it now.

The Church of Spot77.

Spot: "Good Moooorning Ah! We. Today, at the Church of Spot77 will rise now to the sermon of John M. Browning. Preeeseented and Delivered by none other than the Founder of the International Church of Arms; Reverend DD214!

Shotgun Joe leading the "12 Gauges of Mossberg Choir"

Chad is in the backroom doing penance (polishing 1911 feedramps) because he wore his stilletos and cut off camo shorts to church again.

K-31 being the mariage counselor. Which involves a trap door on the floor and his hand on the lever.

Kiddie church activities include Magpul videos and reloading clinics.

Community outreach will involve Joppaj and Rev. FPS showing proper shot placement on thugs.

Reading will include the Psalms of Kalishnikov, The Revelations of Gene Stoner. The Book of Bill Wilson...

Big statue in the front of Charlton Heston.

Seriously, it's a bad idea.

But who will be doing confessions??!!

superfidelis

Oct 14, 2010
    It helps because it will take away the ability that the MSP now have to deny your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms based on a demonstrated need. In other words, they won't be able to deny your right to bear arms simply because nobody has threatened your life 3 times and been reported to the police.

This is the equivalent of them denying your right to free speech because you haven't demonstrated your need to speak your mind.

Or, denying your right to practice your religion because you haven't demonstrated your need to go to church.

MD's concealed carry laws are designed to deny your right to keep and bear arms practically without actually denying it... in other words regulate it so heavily that nobody can get one, and eventually people stop trying. If the plaintiffs win this case, MSP won't be able to deny CWPs to citizens of the state that are in good standing.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Inigoes and SCARCQB. They are the only choices we got in that dept.
    GOOGLE

SAF SUES IN MARYLAND OVER HANDGUN PERMIT DENIAL - Page 54 ...
    7 posts - 7 authors - Last post: 35 minutes ago
    Inigoes and SCARCQB. They are the only choices we got in that dept. "That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe ...
    www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=824816 Red Dot Scope Question‎ - 15 posts - Oct 2, 2010
    Reducing Recoil in an AR15‎ - 20 posts - Aug 27, 2010
    Awesome day at Myrtle Grove - Page 2‎ - 20 posts - Jun 28, 2010
    Beretta 92A1 ???‎ - 13 posts - Apr 20, 2010
    More results from mdshooters.com » 31 Pages !!!!
    :innocent0 :D

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Fascinating viewing. I can't believe they allowed him to tape it. Which board members were the two we could see? (One of them anyway, the other leaned it at the end) The one on camera came off pretty smug until his brief speech. To be fair, I think they are right in that they are merely doing what they have been told by the paper pushers to do as "the law" is concerned. The entire "good and substantial" reasons are arbitrary and made up on a whim. In the end, that's not the review board's problem. It is the legislature and the State Police.

But......we all know that already.

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Fascinating viewing. I can't believe they allowed him to tape it. Which board members were the two we could see? (One of them anyway, the other leaned it at the end) The one on camera came off pretty smug until his brief speech. To be fair, I think they are right in that they are merely doing what they have been told by the paper pushers to do as "the law" is concerned. The entire "good and substantial" reasons are arbitrary and made up on a whim. In the end, that's not the review board's problem. It is the legislature and the State Police.

But......we all know that already.

The Maryland Handgun Permit Review Board is comprised of the following individuals: Rolinda S. Collinson, 2011; Denis H. Gallagher, 2011; Charles L. Washington, 2011; Seymour R. Goldstein, 2012; Charles M. Thomas, Jr., 2013.

The camera is directed at Mr. Seymour R. Goldstein. The gentleman leaning in is Mr. Charles M. Thomas, Jr., The Committee Chair.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    He should have brought this up from Schubert v. DeBard IN 1980:

"Any ordinary citizen applying for license could be "factually" denied a permit because no one had actually threatened him. Thus, he would have no "need" to defend himself. Similarly, if threatened, the permit could be denied on the basis that the official police agencies were capable of handling the matter so that he had no "need" to defend himself."

It sums up the MD,NY,NJ,CA may-issue systems perfectly.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    How long can this back and forth of motions go on for? When can/will this actually go to trial?

From what I can gather, reading this thread, it may never go to trail here in the FREE STATE, (he said sarcastically), but likely just get grouped with other related cases from around the country and end up in the Supreme Court.

You'll turn blue if you holding your breath on this...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom