• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County
    We're waiting on the District Judge to rule sometime in July/August timeframe, Correct?

Rob.

NOTICE of Hearing: Motions Hearing on Summary Judgment, paper nos. 12, 21 & 25, scheduled for 7/21/2011 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 7A, 101 West Lombard Street, Baltimore
    (Courtesy of Krucam's Post Heller 2A case thread)

Please LORD let this happen!!!! I can carry in 31 states please make it 32. (We'll work on National Reciprocity after we can carry in our own state.)

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Please LORD let this happen!!!! I can carry in 31 states please make it 32. (We'll work on National Reciprocity after we can carry in our own state.)

Be careful, After the ruling the MSP will issue permits, but none of the other laws have changed. Any law that was is effect prior to 1/1/1985 is not preempted by state law.

MD=What 2nd Amendment?

S&W Fanboy. I admit it.
    Jun 3, 2011
    Allegany County
    Be careful, After the ruling the MSP will issue permits, but none of the other laws have changed. Any law that was is effect prior to 1/1/1985 is not preempted by state law.

Yup. I live in Cumberland/Allegany County though (the Republican part of the State, THANK GOD!!!). The only laws we have are don't cuss on a playground haha. :innocent0

I have read the preemption thread and it justs makes me happier that I don't live in Baltimore, PG or god forbid Montgomery County. I'm surprised the kids running around with super soakers in Montgomery County aren't getting tackled and handcuffed by the police.

The part that is going to screw over all Maryland citizens if we do get shall issue is the preemption does not include within 100 yards of a place of public assembly. I can't wait to see Gansler's opinion on what this means. :sad20:

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Keep in mind that Gura and the others are seeking a 'complete' ruling that makes clear the right to carry for defense is fundamental. Old rules won't cut it, and quasi-sensitive places that are simply defined by some legislature - past or present - to frustrate lawful carriers are not going to pass muster.

Maryland has their date: 1985. We have ours via Heller and some future case. If it is Williams then that date would be June 2012.

Everything under the law will need to be measured against these sticks. Many will not stand. Sensitive places is the next fight, and frankly it is going to be real hard for the other side.

ricuser

Nov 7, 2010
    Anne Arundel County

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Yup...all these new "kids" fuggin' things up!

It would be nice to see a glimpse of the AG's response used in the trial. It's a beautiful thing to see the political elites eat crow.

beside the fact, our effort would be a warm fuzzy (to have been a little helper in tumbling MD's asinine laws).

Lightning

Feb 5, 2011
    The Peoples Republic of MD
    "Talking out of both sides of your mouth"

I read over the weekend a piece in the local crab wrapper where a reporter had asked numerous officials what they loved about the United States in the context of the July 4th Holiday. It appears that our beloved Attorney General has had a change of heart; since, he wants to be just, and change the minds of those that would deny our citizenry their due rights under our “collective history.”

Attorney General Douglas Gansler

What he loves: "The law," he said. "It is often hard work but justice is always within our reach," he said. "To quote one of the great legal characters of American fiction, Atticus Finch, 'In this country, our courts are the great levelers. In our courts, all men (and women) are created equal.'
    What he would change: Nothing. "I love America, warts and all," he said. "We can overcome any injustice, any failure as a nation if we can change the minds of those who would have Americans deny our collective history."
    I guess he means the injustices that don’t pertain to the Constitutional Rights given to us by the framers of our great nation… Funny, I didn’t see this in any of his response briefs for the Woolard Case!

All I can say is WOW! I believe I smell a run for Governor.

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/news/nbh/2011/07/03-43/Why-we-love-the-USA.html

ricuser

Nov 7, 2010
    Anne Arundel County
    Gansler running for governor? Eeeek!

Your nose is surely working perfectly. If Gansler loses at SCOTUS on Williams or at the 4th Circuit on Woolard it would surely dent his credentials with the Frosh-loving "persons" who donate money to these campaigns.

Is there a shall-issue candidate for governor? You can only wish.

rob32

Jul 3, 2011
    salisbury, md
    until very recently i was pretty much unaware of the gun problems in maryland. things have pretty much been this way my entire life so i was just used to it i suppose. now that i am a little more aware i fully intend to support SAF in this fight by becoming a member and making a donation. ive been lurking on here the past couple days trying to soak in all the info i can. i really think that most people just dont know about the issues we have here in maryland. i know i didnt.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    until very recently i was pretty much unaware of the gun problems in maryland. things have pretty much been this way my entire life so i was just used to it i suppose. now that i am a little more aware i fully intend to support SAF in this fight by becoming a member and making a donation. ive been lurking on here the past couple days trying to soak in all the info i can. i really think that most people just dont know about the issues we have here in maryland. i know i didnt.
    Welcome aboard. Hopefully more are waking up and realizing what's going on as you have. :thumbsup:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom