• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    I am getting a new Champion Safe. It will be going on a concrete slab. I already have the area epoxied with Rustolium Epoxyshield. Should I just bolt it to the floor? Put a rubber mat under it, or use hockey pucks to give airflow underneath? I'm thinking, I would rather not give a thief any room to pry it, so the hockey pucks are probably not the direction I'll go. I've heard stories of the bottoms starting to rust when in contact with concrete.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Mount it on top of pressure treated 2x6's. This will give you a air space underneath but won't allow easy access under the safe.

Cutty

Dec 25, 2015
    The epoxy floor will be your moisture barrier. Bolt or epoxy directly to the floor.

SVD686

Jan 25, 2016
    Annapolis
    I have mine mounted to the wall on a 4x4 pressure treated base to keep things dry in case of the inevitable basement flood. I also use an Eva-Dry Renewable Mini-Dehumidifier.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Directly to floor , case it in with Fire rated drywall .

You want to limit the space above and beside it because it's very simple to cut a hole in the top of it and pull the guns out that way.

A short ceiling or a stairwell above limit the access to it. Definitely skip mounting it on something because like you said,it gives the thief access to pry it up or loop a strap around and yank it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom