• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    In case anyone's forgotten, Joe Manchin's daughter Heather Bresch is the talentless flunky who somehow miraculously got hired by Mylan, the company that gouged consumers on the price of epi-pens (which cost just a few bucks to make) to $600, while the feds looked the other way. Despite faking her way through college and getting an undeserved MBA as a political favor to her dad (a scandal which got people fired at WVU), Mylan decided she was actually CEO material. Which, if you believe them, had NOTHING to do with the fact that Manchin was one of the nation's most influential senators.

Democrats hate capitalism - unless it's good-old-fashioned crony capitalism, and as long as it pads their nest.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Manchinhausen syndrome to get attention on herself. Not sick attention but made life sick for others in her path :P

teawhy

Mar 24, 2017
    Southern Maryland
    Corrupt and self-serving are good descriptors. His proximity to the WVU MBA controversy of '07 and EpiPen price hike last year raise some serious questions for me.

As a former WV resident, I noticed most of the voting populous is fairly conservative, but have historically voted for dems because of their support for unions (coal miners) and federal assistance (high welfare, unfortunately).

Beautiful State with some lingering issues, but it's good to see the political ship begin to righten (e.g. recent election results and constitutional carry as of May '16)

Montani Semper Liberi

Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    In case anyone's forgotten, Joe Manchin's daughter Heather Bresch is the talentless flunky who somehow miraculously got hired by Mylan, the company that gouged consumers on the price of epi-pens (which cost just a few bucks to make) to $600, while the feds looked the other way. Despite faking her way through college and getting an undeserved MBA as a political favor to her dad (a scandal which got people fired at WVU), Mylan decided she was actually CEO material. Which, if you believe them, had NOTHING to do with the fact that Manchin was one of the nation's most influential senators.

Democrats hate capitalism - unless it's good-old-fashioned crony capitalism, and as long as it pads their nest.

A very close friend of 25 years lives in WV and has worked at Mylan there for probably the last decade. I have heard about the escapades through him many times and you are hitting the nail square on the head.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Manchin is toast, everyone seems to know that except ol' Joe himself. He's pushing for "common sense gun control" now, says he thinks he can "work" with Trump on this...LOL Something tells me The Donald aint' gonna touch that one with a 10 foot pole, like everyone else Trump knows Manchin is history come next year. I can only guess that Joe is hoping to salvage some kind of "legacy" with this long shot legislation, but it's not likely to improve his chances of re-election in a state that went like what...87% for Trump..??

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/07/manchin-says-doesnt-give-s-about-getting-reelected.html

“I don’t give a s---, you understand? I just don’t give a s---,” he said in an interview with Charleston Gazette Mail. “Don’t care if I get elected, don’t care if I get defeated, how about that? If they think because I’m up for election, that I can be wrangled into voting for s--- that I don’t like and can’t explain, they’re all crazy.”

Joe flapping his lips.....

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If only we could have politics without politicians.

I'm just saying................

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I heard he was planning on running a 2A friendly platform this time. He also got the stink-eye from Schmucky Schumer when he tried to stand and clap for Trump at the SOTU last night. Guy flip-flops like a landed rainbow trout that hasn't been played out. His whole family is a bunch of shysters.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It literally amazes me how far up Trump's butt Joe Manchin is. You'd think he was part of Trump's staff. It seems like Manchin is at every one of Trump's pressers.

Where is the Dem blowback on this?

Is Joe that close to losing his senate seat in WV?

Whenever he is close to re-election, he acts like a conservative. That's fine with me. He has never been one of those way-out on the left dems.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was an older thread.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Whenever he is close to re-election, he acts like a conservative. That's fine with me. He has never been one of those way-out on the left dems.

EDIT: Didn't realize this was an older thread.

It's all good until crunch time, and the sleazeball votes with the party that pays his bills.

WVa would be wise to dump him and get a real conservative, or at least an honest supporter of the 2A.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It's all good until crunch time, and the sleazeball votes with the party that pays his bills.

WVa would be wise to dump him and get a real conservative, or at least an honest supporter of the 2A.

Agreed. They just don't seem to be able to get that done. W.Va has always had an identity problem.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Manchin is sounding more and more Republican everyday.

We could use him in the senate come November.

Hey, Joe. Walk towards the light.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Manchin is sounding more and more Republican everyday.

We could use him in the senate come November.

Hey, Joe. Walk towards the light.

Joe Manchin is a weasel, a coward, and a turncoat. Like Italy in WW2, he's only interested in selling out to the winning side.

He is NOT someone you want in your foxhole when the enemy is closing in, because he'd knife you in the back just so he could hide under your body.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    After last night's State of the Union, I wouldn't be surprised if WV erected Trump statues made of coal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom