• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    I'm annoyed. More and more I see this meme creeping up that's pretty obviously designed to discredit gun owners and pro-2A as paranoid morons. It goes something like this:

"Relax, they're not going to take your guns away." Sometimes it's accompanied by, "We just want you to use them responsibly," or the like.

Does anyone have any idea where this came from? I remember it popping up from time to time WHILE Feinstein was pushing the federal gun bans, and I'm seeing it more and more now.

Is this an anti-gun group, the Democratic party rhetoric (which I ignore mostly, along with most Republican party rhetoric :rolleyes:), or just a positive feedback loop within the uninformed sheep living in caves (with internet access, I guess).

Why are people lying and pretending so publicly and obviously? None of this is meant to be rhetorical. Does anyone know the source?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Some of it is naive people, some of it is disinformation intentionally spread.

Fortunately, in the last two years, Democrats have proposed confiscation bills which ruin their argument.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Some of it is naive people, some of it is disinformation intentionally spread.

Fortunately, in the last two years, Democrats have proposed confiscation bills which ruin their argument.

Most of it is simply that people can't accept the current political climate. They refuse to believe that our leaders violate laws and the Constitution on a daily basis. But most importantly, they don't know/understand the Constitution to begin with.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Most of it is simply that people can't accept the current political climate. They refuse to believe that our leaders violate laws and the Constitution on a daily basis. But most importantly, they don't know/understand the Constitution to begin with.

True. For a long time, pro gun people have called wolf on every single legislation.

But now, we have some real evidence.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    How can you segway the conversation from "We're not going to take you guns" equals "We're not going to let you buy any new guns" which is in fact a "taking."

Bingo. That's exactly what happened in England.

And CA is trying the same thing. How many pistol companies have already said they are discontinuing business with residents of the state.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    The best part is when they have the audacity to say they believe in the second amendment while they blatantly are violating it by having no idea what the heck "infringe" actually means.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    "Relax, they're not going to take your guns away." Sometimes it's accompanied by, "We just want you to use them responsibly," or the like.

Well, for one thing, they are talking about gun registration, which would not affect criminals, because they don't register guns. When they want responsibility, they want "permission from the government" as in licenses and registration. I am a legal US born citizen, with the right to bear arms, and presumed innocence (I know, an unusual concept). So, I have not shot any one, committed crimes. Why should I be compelled to register my guns I don't want or need the govt to know about anyways? And if we don't register or get licensed and jump thru hoops for them, THEN will they try to take them away. Look what is happening in NY. NYPD is actively sending out notices to gun owners requiring them to be sold, altered by a gunsmith, or SURRENDERED to law enforcement. This is the kinda of "warm and fuzzy" stuff stupid feel good laws like the SAFE Act NY did. They are looking to confiscate. I would guess 90% or MORE of gun crimes are committed by criminals who should be in jail already, and are illegally using stolen or otherwise illegal handguns. Even though EBRs make the news often and scare soccer moms into action, their use is relatively rare. I worry more about a car wreck than getting shot by a kid with an AR15. Connecticut has started gun registration, which I think is just a prelude to collection. It's only a matter of time before it happens here, or nationally. We need to fight back BEFORE it gets to the point of no return. Because MILLIONS of gun owners ARE responsible.
    :thumbsup:

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "I will call you tomorrow".

"I won't make you 'keep the change'"

"I won't take your guns"

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I'm annoyed. More and more I see this meme creeping up that's pretty obviously designed to discredit gun owners and pro-2A as paranoid morons. It goes something like this:

Does anyone have any idea where this came from? I remember it popping up from time to time WHILE Feinstein was pushing the federal gun bans, and I'm seeing it more and more now.

Is this an anti-gun group, the Democratic party rhetoric (which I ignore mostly, along with most Republican party rhetoric :rolleyes:), or just a positive feedback loop within the uninformed sheep living in caves (with internet access, I guess).

Why are people lying and pretending so publicly and obviously? None of this is meant to be rhetorical. Does anyone know the source?

Repose : I already do.. Goodbye... see these are not moderates... moderates ask questions and listen to the answers.. this is speechifying.. and its designed to waste our time arguing with the wrong folks... no compromise means no negotiation.

Find folks who do not say stupid stuff and talk to them... many of them are not gun owners.... yet. They have concerns... if they ask questions you should answer. If the speachify just move on.

Naturally this is all just my opinion.. so feel free to ignore it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    What IF ?

Beretta says TN is good fit

Remington Arms moving 2,000+ jobs from NY to Alabama

Sturm, Ruger & Co. picks North Carolina for new jobs

Magpul moving from Colorado to Texas and Wyoming

What if over time Remington, Beretta, Ruger, Magpul, and others moved to red states while they simultaneously stopped selling to anyone in blue States, including law enforcement, all the while the UN SATT attempts to curtail international movement of guns into, as well as out of the U.S. Now imagine a SHTF event on a national level that triggers a standoff between red and blue.

Are the progressive/liberal utopian states setting themselves up for their own eventual collapse ? Wouldn't it be the irony of ironies that CT, NY, or gawd forbid MD were to succumb to zombie-fueled panic and NOT have the means to defend against it ? Will their epitaphs be written with the true meaning of 2A ... that self-defense is a civil right, whether that defense is personal or political ?

Just like boiling a frog, this hasn't nor won't happen overnight, but each movement of manufacturing businesses to red states, followed by the influx of people seeking jobs, not just firearm related but ALL types of businesses, sets in motion a mirror image of the early 1800's. The red states of those earlier times were largely agrarian, while the blue states attracted job seekers to manufacturing. While it's different today, it's still the same in a macro sense.

One parting thought ... Could this also be the reason for the failed national push for gun control ? Contrary to what one might believe, there are some deep strategists on the progressive left. 'What If' utopian dreaming is how they think, so no doubt someone already anticipated this scenario. National disarmament would head off any ZombieGeddon, while simultaneously wresting government from The People and finally handing it over to the totalitarian elite. But, failing that, their ‘back-up plan’ of wedeling down gun ownership state-by-state has to be accelerating their worst fears.

THOUGHTS ???

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    There is a youtube video if feinstein stating that if she would have had the votes she would have proposed legislation for an outright ban and/or confiscation.

Probably plenty of others who have gone on record stating similar goals.

Total disarmament is their goal. All the stuff they have done and are going to propose is just the incremental steps they are taking to get there.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Saturday, February 15, 2014

An Open Letter to the Men and Women of the Connecticut State Police: You are NOT the enemy (UNLESS YOU CHOOSE TO BE.)

The following letter was sent via email to members of the Connecticut State Police, Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection. There are 1,212 email addresses on the list. There were 62 bounce-backs.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2014/02/an-open-letter-to-men-and-women-of.html

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    A total gun ban has ALWAYS been the end game.
    They do not distinguish between good guns and bad guns. They only want you to think that they do. Total elimination is their goal. Confiscate and destroy them all. Only then can we have whirled peas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom