• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    my wife and i went to wal-mart to get her a .22 plinking rifle, she filled out the paper work, and they went to call NICS, but they said the line was down. so, my question is they said they could hold on to the form until she came back the next day, to get the NICS check done and pick up the rifle. however that was on monday, and we have called every day since to see if the NICS line was working, and they say it still hasn't been fixed because noone has shown up to fix it, so my question is what should be our next move, wait it out, or tell them to shred the form since it has personal information on it, and purchase some where else.

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    i was curious about that, i was wondering why they only wanted to use the one phone, and couldn't call another way. it didn't make sense to me, but we said ok since we're not really familiar with how the NICS checks go, since they said that i figured they had to use a direct line to NICS only or something like that.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i was curious about that, i was wondering why they only wanted to use the one phone, and couldn't call another way. it didn't make sense to me, but we said since we're not really familiar with how the NICS checks go, since they said that i figured they had to use a direct line to NICS only or something like that.

bs..its not like a batman phone..

they can use any phone and dial the number.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I might add all they have to do is call form any phone each FFL has there own Id number that they ask for. After that it's all your info they give

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    just called the walmart and spoke with a manager, and asked if they could use another line to call NICS, she says they will only use that one line exclusively to do NICS checks. i also asked for a timeline on the repair, and she said hopefully by monday.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    just called the walmart and spoke with a manager, and asked if they could use another line to call NICS, she says they will only use that one line exclusively to do NICS checks. i also asked for a timeline on the repair, and she said hopefully by monday.

go back there personally... ask for the form you filled out, grab it and leave..

what 22 plinker is it? one of the ip, i bet, will have one in stock.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    exactly. Any phone line will work for a NICS phone call. A dedicated PTP connection for a computer is different. They are feeding you a line of Bravo Sierra.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    They obviously don't give a $hit about you or your business. Cancel the transaction and go to a local shop that will appreciate your patronage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom