• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Guess I'm planning on using the RPR this year for deer and need a QD 2 pt sling.

Anyone have experience with these? I'm a traditional sling guy. Assuming 1.25" push button mounts is universal?

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    I really like the magpul slings. I think they're called the MS1 sling system. I use them on my ARs, "tactical" shotguns, and even have one on a standard 10/22. They can be set up so many different ways.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I like the Magpul MS3. 2 point QD and if you're not an idiot you can detach the rear and secure the adjusting portion to your shooting arm and use it to help stabilize the rifle.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I am running the Crosstac sling, so I can convert from a 2 point to a single point. I have it as a 2 point, to hang on the wall, when I'm not hunting, but switch it to single point, when I'm running around in the woods.

My sling with the HK style hooks.
    http://www.crosstac.com/shop-all-products/tactical-ambi-sling/
    ambi_sling__26137.1395875071.500.750.jpg

I have seen one that uses just the QD attachment thingies.
    http://www.crosstac.com/shop-all-products/tactical-ambi-sling-with-qd-swivels/
    policestuff_2427_11838602623

You might be able to find them cheaper at MidwayUSA, LA Police Gear, or some other online vendor.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm loving my magpul sling. The ability to go from 2-point to single point, with the quick-adjust buckle is neat. If you completely ignore the single point ability, it makes a great 2 point. I don't have the MS4 QD version, because I primarily use it as a sling for my laptop bag. Non-qd is more versatile.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I like my MS4s, I use QDs as far forward and rearward as comfortable, and one behind the receiver same setup on several long-guns. Easy to use it as a 2pt, adjust with the slider for fit and support when using it as a shooting brace, use it as a 1pt, or take it off entirely. They do have a wider padded sling that would be nice for carrying on a long hike, but it's expensive, and sold as an MS1, meaning no QD swivels/clip, or rear adapter section, and those MSRP for $15 and $25, so would cost $100 for a padded MS4 setup + mounts(standard MS4 is $60), so it gets expensive quick, although other brands are priced similarly.

20160808_204122.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I like the Magpul MS3. 2 point QD and if you're not an idiot you can detach the rear and secure the adjusting portion to your shooting arm and use it to help stabilize the rifle.

Im DEF an idiot lol.

Certainly doing the QD on the RPR.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Haley Strategic D3 sling, hands down. It's about the same price as the Crosstac one that DaemonAssassin mentioned, but it's very light and has a comfortable pad on it. I have one that I've used for several fairly intense classes, and I barely notice it. Every other one I've used starts to rub and irritate my neck no matter what I do. I actually spoke with Travis and Nate about the sling and pad at one of their classes, and they said that pad accounted for about 40% of the cost of the sling. Totally worth it, IMO.

"https://www.haleystrategic.com/weapon-accessories/rifle-accessories

friendlyhippo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 7, 2015
    Glen Burnout
    Viking Tactics VTAC. 30-45 bucks at Brownell's depending on which model you want. I have both padded and unpadded. Took along and used a padded one last time I was in AFG. They're lovely.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Guess I'm planning on using the RPR this year for deer and need a QD 2 pt sling.

Anyone have experience with these? I'm a traditional sling guy. Assuming 1.25" push button mounts is universal?

Just keep those qd swivels oiled. They can rust up inside causing failures to lock in.

C&RTactical

Jul 24, 2013
    I run the Magpul MS1 after taking Sentinel Concepts Critical Carbine Employment last month. Sling adjust is extremely easy to do on the fly with the slider.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Thanks guys, I went with the padded MS1 with 2 QD mounts and the adapter to make into a single point. Was pricey but I had gift cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom