Checked out Taqueria Los Compadres today..

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    So, since I had the day off for Dr. Appts and Honey-do's I wanted to grab a bite somewhere. So, I says to myself I says "self....let's check this place out". So I pull into the parking lot and go in.

First thing I notice is the place is CLEAN. Second, lots of Spanish speaking customers....I think I was the only gringo..a good sign.

I wasn't sure what the hell to order, so I got the Lengua (beef tongue) Torta and a Revueltas Pupsa to go. While I'm waiting one of the ladies is cranking out home made tortillas and grilling them while another guy has whole spring onions (huge bulbs) grilling.

I get my food and drive home.
    First, holy crap the fries were amazing (I didn't even know it came with fries). Methinks they cook them in the same fryer/oil as their chicharrones. They were still crispy after a 15 car ride in a styrafoam box.

The torta was great. In addition to the tongue, it also had lettuce, tomato, guac, cheese, and pickled onions and jalapenos on it. The roll was fresh made in house. Holy crap, it was a delicious mess.

The pupusa was awesome too with a nice char and a really good dipping sauce and the curtido served with it was awesome.

I hope this place sticks around.

quattroginger

Feb 22, 2013
    never even heard of this place. might have to check out. i recently had grille no 13 and been hooked on their Guinness sauce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom