• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Well, I wouldn't suggest parking in the pits unless you want your car to get shot up. That said, you can park on the gravel across from the Shooting bays. There will be a parking Nazi out to direct you where to put your car.

LOL...no, parking in the pits is not advised. Thank you for the response.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    (copy of email sent to 3 Gun registrants this morning)

It appears as if the weather will dry up around noon today and stay that way through the end of Sunday. That said, Rick has four stages designed that can be run mostly from the gravel, so we should be good to go for a safe and fun match.

The match is nearly full with only 1 slot open. If something has come up, PLEASE withdraw ASAP to make room for any last minute entries and also so that we have time to make adjustments to ensure the squads are not lopsided.

We will be hosting a match set up party on Saturday at 2:30 pm. Anyone who is willing to help is encouraged to bring their mud boots and gloves. We will offer AGC range badge credits for the time volunteers spend with us that day.

Other than that, we look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Mike and Rick

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    This completely slipped my mind. What time does this start on Sunday? 9/223/12?

Jollyllama

Ultimate Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Carroll county
    I’m registered for the 3 gun. Is that match and parking at the ranges on the road or in the steel pits?

What I read seemed to be the road but just making sure.

You are welcome to park in any of the bays with the understanding that your vehicle may take fire. But you will be a hero for adding a new dimension to the experience.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    (copy of email sent to 3 Gun registrants this morning)

It appears as if the weather will dry up around noon today and stay that way through the end of Sunday. That said, Rick has four stages designed that can be run mostly from the gravel, so we should be good to go for a safe and fun match.

The match is nearly full with only 1 slot open. If something has come up, PLEASE withdraw ASAP to make room for any last minute entries and also so that we have time to make adjustments to ensure the squads are not lopsided.

We will be hosting a match set up party on Saturday at 2:30 pm. Anyone who is willing to help is encouraged to bring their mud boots and gloves. We will offer AGC range badge credits for the time volunteers spend with us that day.

Other than that, we look forward to seeing everyone on Sunday.

Mike and Rick

Hope the set up party went well...sorry I could not attend. What's the round count looking like?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    These are of course for the guy who don't miss

Approx. Round Count
    Pistol - 75
    Rifle - 75
    Shot Shell 50 bird shot
    OK, so bring twice that. Got it!

Actually, I think I did fairly well on accuracy last time, but who knows what tricks the devious MD is gonna pull!

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Hope the set up party went well...sorry I could not attend. What's the round count looking like?

OK, so bring twice that. Got it!

Actually, I think I did fairly well on accuracy last time, but who knows what tricks the devious MD is gonna pull!

I set up the shoots, get you guys to show up, count the money, and spend the money on the new targets (spent another $2500 today). Rick is the devious one who makes things difficult for you.

I can tell you to expect the spinner that seems to give so many shooters (Art/Katie :innocent0) problems. You might want to bring an extra box of bird shot if you have had a hard time with it in the past.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I set up the shoots, get you guys to show up, count the money, and spend the money on the new targets (spent another $2500 today). Rick is the devious one who makes things difficult for you.

I can tell you to expect the spinner that seems to give so many shooters (Art/Katie :innocent0) problems. You might want to bring an extra box of bird shot if you have had a hard time with it in the past.

I think I have it fingered out with some rookie 'rithmetic:

Even though there are two portions of it that can be shot, it is ONE target, right?. So, one shot at it should be the difference between a FTE and a 10 second FTN penalty. Ten seconds of penalty and getting on with my life vs. a forever's worth of reloading...hmmm...:tap:
    Furthermore, whatever amount of time spent dealing with blasting and reloading (repeat) at that one target is precious seconds slipping away out of the 120 par time that ends it all. Penalties are added AFTER the clock runs out...so, given the choice of maybe eventually conquering the spinner or being able to at least shoot my pistol a little bit...:shrug: One way or another, I don't plan on spending much time at the spinner...but who knows what will happen :shrug:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I think I have it fingered out with some rookie 'rithmetic:

Even though there are two portions of it that can be shot, it is ONE target, right?. So, one shot at it should be the difference between a FTE and a 10 second FTN penalty. Ten seconds of penalty and getting on with my life vs. a forever's worth of reloading...hmmm...:tap:

The spinner is considered one target. Failure to Engage it at all would result in a 45 second penalty. Failure to Neutralize (spin one full rotation) would result in a 30 second penalty. I would recommend going into the stage with a budget (number of shells/time) that you are going to spend on that target. This of course will depend on how many other shotgun targets there are, how many rounds your gun will hold, and how many you can keep on your person. Personally, I wouldn't spend anymore than 10 seconds and/or 6 shots to get it to spin. If you cant do it within your budget, then move on and take the 30 second penalty.

Tip: Start with a double tap of the large bottom target. Then follow up with a shot or two on the top once it swings around. If the stars align, then it should only take 3-4 shells to neutralize it.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Another great event! :thumbsup:. I'll try to put some videos up tomorrow. It's been a loooong 2A week for us (what felt like a lifetime in Annapolis, MSI gun show booth duty, a little range time Saturday, and 3gun today...oh yeah and having to try to fit a little bit of work around all that :rolleye12). As the kids say, "I can't even." :sad20:

By the time I get the guns at least wiped down and put away, I'm going to collapse for tonight.

Thanks to all who made it happen :party29:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    The spinner is considered one target. Failure to Engage it at all would result in a 45 second penalty. Failure to Neutralize (spin one full rotation) would result in a 30 second penalty. I would recommend going into the stage with a budget (number of shells/time) that you are going to spend on that target. This of course will depend on how many other shotgun targets there are, how many rounds your gun will hold, and how many you can keep on your person. Personally, I wouldn't spend anymore than 10 seconds and/or 6 shots to get it to spin. If you cant do it within your budget, then move on and take the 30 second penalty.

Tip: Start with a double tap of the large bottom target. Then follow up with a shot or two on the top once it swings around. If the stars align, then it should only take 3-4 shells to neutralize it.

I think Katie got it over in 3. I'm not sure how many I used, but I DID get it over.:D (That newfangled autoloading shotgun, what with its choke and all might have helped...definitely easier to doubletap than the pump :o )

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Another great day of shooting. Did ok but those little squares on the shotgun stage are a pain in the ass with a pistol at that distance. (I shot 2 gun)
    Now I have the itch to buy a 3 gun shotgun, thanks a lot, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ArmedInMd

Jun 9, 2008
    Another great day of shooting. Did ok but those little squares on the shotgun stage are a pain in the ass with a pistol at that distance. (I shot 2 gun)
    Now I have the itch to buy a 3 gun shotgun, thanks a lot, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain, and I was using a shotgun lol

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I feel your pain, and I was using a shotgun lol

I am going to start a go fund me page for you. This was the highlight of my day.

Attachments

• B7D31854-D2ED-4BA4-8770-F8D6B85D4B3E.jpg
      B7D31854-D2ED-4BA4-8770-F8D6B85D4B3E.jpg
      196.2 KB · Views: 178

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads