• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Brilliant! Now they can register to vote twice! :lol2:
    RICHMOND, Va. — The Senate passed a bill earlier this week that would allow a person who changed their sex to have a new birth certificate issued, something that the transgender community said will help eliminate problems experienced when their legal identification doesn’t match their transition.

Senate Bill 657 would allow a person to receive a new birth certificate to reflect a change of sex, without the requirement of surgery. The individual seeking a new birth certificate also may list a new name if they provide a certified copy of a court order of the name change.

“I just think it’s important to try to make life easier for people without being discriminated (against) or bullied,” said Sen. Jennifer Boysko, D-Fairfax. “Allowing an individual who is transgender to change their birth certificate without having to go through the full surgery allows them to live the life that they are due to have.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/new...uXzyn6dxGCJYUQss8HfWek3Co_rQvvqXLUfdZ0n7LyHRc

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This is yelling at clouds lol

So like 500 people are going to change their gender? Tax payer equivalent .00000000000009 cents per update AND this hasn’t even passed.

Unless you know one personally i bet most of you guys go years without seeing an actual transgender.

I’d bet this gets used by regular Joe Schmoe looking for promotions more often then it does for real transgenders

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

So like 500 people are going to change their gender? Tax payer equivalent .00000000000009 cents per update AND this hasn’t even passed.

Unless you know one personally i bet most of you guys go years without seeing an actual transgender.

I’d bet this gets used by regular Joe Schmoe looking for promotions more often then it does for real transgenders
    Price/cost/revenue unimportant.

How many. How often. That will occur.

When unhappy, confused folks start to get their way and get attention, you just may have a long term customer.

That’s my point.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Price/cost/revenue unimportant.

How many. How often. That will occur.

When unhappy, confused folks start to get their way and get attention, you just may have a long term customer.

That’s my point.

Could be a good case study for % of people who return to their birth gender.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Yep. Little steps into the abyss. :rolleyes: We are definitely fxcked as a society.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I hope they make them put their current height and weight on it and make their new “birth” day the day they have their surgery.
    I genuinely feel sorry for people suffering from gender confusion. Grown sane adults look silly following along with their wishes though.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Plus, there's absolutely no legal reason for it.

This. Like I said in another thread about new boxes to check for IDs, the only reason for having the persons sex on a government document seems to be for identification by secondary sexual characteristics. Once that is in question, what's the point? Just leave it off future forms and ignore it on existing ones.

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    So if the use of medical marijuana takes you out of the "legal gun owners pool", then declaring you are some made up sex when you are actually something else ought to disqualify you from owning firearms, because you have just admitted that you are insane...

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD

Then why did they go and try to make it law, besides being ridiculous? There's no Constitutional protection for chopping off your hotdog or getting one sewed on, and no matter what the 'WHO' says, it is a mental disorder. I can cluck like a chicken, and claim to be a chicken, but guess what? Science (real science...) says I'm a human male. The same science says they are a human male or female, no matter what their messed up little minds may think. What about pocahontas warren, or that cop claiming he was black..? Still not native American or black...

So to your last statement, none of us have seen actual transgenders. They are either delusional males, or delusional females. That said, I lived in Key West for 4 years... Plenty of delusional people down there...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    All I can think about is Climate Change and the many arguments about the science , but we still have arguments about gender when the science can not be argued .

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I hope they make them put their current height and weight on it and make their new “birth” day the day they have their surgery.
    I genuinely feel sorry for people suffering from gender confusion. Grown sane adults look silly following along with their wishes though.

Lol the height and weight is kinda funny

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Then why did they go and try to make it law, besides being ridiculous? There's no Constitutional protection for chopping off your hotdog or getting one sewed on, and no matter what the 'WHO' says, it is a mental disorder. I can cluck like a chicken, and claim to be a chicken, but guess what? Science (real science...) says I'm a human male. The same science says they are a human male or female, no matter what their messed up little minds may think. What about pocahontas warren, or that cop claiming he was black..? Still not native American or black...

So to your last statement, none of us have seen actual transgenders. They are either delusional males, or delusional females. That said, I lived in Key West for 4 years... Plenty of delusional people down there...

They made a law to make themselves feel more liberal. This could of easily been accomplished through some sort of department SOP being created but then again maybe a law is harder to challenge. I dunno, in anyway this won’t effect any of us.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Post surgery, I am fine with changing their birth certificates. I fear this will become a willy-nilly back and forth depending on the person's mood.
    If he/she gets the surgery, that shows dedication and I'm OK with that.
    Or maybe, folks could collect different gendered birth certificates like many MDS members collected once collected POGs.

I’d ask “where does it end” but even I’m not that foolish. We are on the crazy train. Only way to get off is jump... It ain’t stopping nor slowing down anytime soon. Choo choo. Somebody blow that FN whistle.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    The intolerance in this thread is pretty disappointing. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but I’m surprised to see people who supposedly advocate for 2A rights mocking a marginalized group of people and even going as far as saying they should have their rights taken away.

So if the use of medical marijuana takes you out of the "legal gun owners pool", then declaring you are some made up sex when you are actually something else ought to disqualify you from owning firearms, because you have just admitted that you are insane...

Not a good look guys, the LGBTQ community is becoming more open to guns and I would hope that the people here, regardless of their personal views on LGBTQ issues, would be welcoming and encourage these individuals to exercise their rights. Or at the very least maybe just not openly mock them here? When I was researching gun ownership in MD this forum was a top hit in Google. LGBTQ individuals who do the same will likely see posts like this.

I’m not trying to tell anyone their opinion or beliefs are wrong, just asking that you rethink threads like this in the future.

I really appreciate all of the knowledge and wisdom that you share on these forums, and I even appreciate seeing the conservative point of view on issues related to 2A rights. You all seem like a good bunch of people, and while your intent may not have been to make fun of trans individuals that’s what it’s turning into, and the post I quoted is a clear example of how it can easily go too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom