• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Suggestions on a scope or red dot for a Ruger super redhawk 44mag. Mostly recreational shooting would like to take hunting / plan to. Been looking at ultra dot to put on . Researching now on what to put on .My biggest concern is something handling the recoil. Seen the rail that can be put on for an optic/ dot but it was suggested to me to have base drilled and tapped. Not reloading, will be using factory ammo so nothing real hot. What do you have on yours, what’s your experience, what works for you ? Like to stay around 500 if that is feasible for quality. Most of all it has to look cool. Just kidding , just want practical function. Thanks

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I have a super blackhawk with a 2x scope on it, and a super redhawk with a vortex venom red dot mounted using a Burris fastfire mount. this one also has Williams firesights fiber optic open sights if I choose to take the red dot off. I like them both, but the scope is difficult for me to shoot offhand. with a rest tho, it is the most accurate. i am still trying to get used to the red dot, I do really like the fiber optics.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I have a leupold 2x pistol scope on my super redhawk, solid as a rock

Not as easy to use offhand as I would like though but damn accurate

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member