• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    peacemaker (above winchester and below hagerstown) has PRC (precision rimfire) matches that go from like 25 to 300yds on various-sized steel. some prone and some positional (barricades etc) shooting. they had one last saturday. the one stage i walked past was egg-sized targets at roughly 40 yards, using a barricade.

they also just announced a belly/prone-only fun .22 match, similar to their long range challenge matches.

www.peacemakernational.com

not familiar with NRL but sounds somewhat similar.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    So far there haven't been any local NRL22 matches.

You can also look at the MARS series of matches (http://www.midatlanticrimfireseries.com) in addition to the Peacemaker matches. The next MARS match is on Sunday in York PA. You can view the Match Photos link in my signature to see photos from past matches from both MARS and Peacemaker.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Closest ones I know of are in PA. Cool idea, but the requirement to use the same course of fire for a given month probably turns a few clubs off. I like the longer range stuff that is offered at PNTC and Mayberry. Both matches are cool and the folks that shoot them are first rate. Nobody is there to win a million bucks so the level of support and cooperation within a squad is generally very high.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I shot the one this past weekend at PNTC. Great time. I’d suggest it to anyone looking at getting into competition or the PRS style matches.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    The PRC thing is cheaper than PRS. Less of a barrier to entry because you can compete with a stock gun and still have fun. The ammo sorta needs to be the good stuff but even expensive rimfire is a lot cheaper than centerfire (and you don't care where your brass goes). You see folks shooting everything from stock CZ/Savage/Ruger to full house custom Vudoos with high end optics. The targets at PNTC matches tend to be doable without going nuts on the most expensive rig. Mayberry is similar. The challenge is performing under time and adapting to the positions required.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    i'll chime in as another supportive voice for the Mid Atlantic Rimfire Series matches. I took a year off from Peacemaker this year but will probably be back at them again next year. Come on out, check out the matches and see what they are like.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    yes. I kinda just threw out PNTC and Mayberry and totally forgot to mention MARS as a series. the folks that run that are on this board and are good to go. I know at Mayberry and PNTC you often see one or two folks just observing the match. Within a match or two, you tend to see them shooting. One guy at PNTC seems like he always has a friend or a friend's kid with him, introducing them to the sport and letting them use his top shelf rig. You pretty much can't go wrong with any of the .22 matches around here. We are pretty lucky.

dghboy315

Dave Luu
    Mar 5, 2012
    Rockville, MD
    Thanks for the support guys! The one of goals of MARS was to address some of the common complaints of local shooters - cost and time. We run the least expensive matches in the area, usually between $20-$30 a match. In addition, MARS matches are not really gear races. Come out and shoot what you have. While there are some tricked out rifles, plenty of guys do very well with stock guns.

The other common complaint was time. Who as a full weekend or even a full day to devote to a match? We wanted to make sure our matches are only 1/2 days, with plenty of time left over in the day to spend with the family or doing all the other things we all need to do. We also have the most matches of any local series which gives competitors plenty of opportunities to be able to qualify for our finale. Feel free to hit us up here or on our website with any questions. Hope to see you all out there!

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD

Attachments

• Rimfire Precision Match Rules.docx
      30.6 KB · Views: 92

timbo76

Oct 13, 2018
    Perry Hall
    I can't wait to try it again, I'll be there on Sunday!!!
    Learned a lot back in June at BCGF match.
    Would definitely recommend to all ages and skill levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom