• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Are you applying that to cash & carry firearms already purchased?

How the hell would they know what happened to one?

They don't care. You can hide them, but if for some reason they're discovered say goodbye to all your firearms and hello to jail time. They're banking on the fact that people will avoid this and voluntarily get rid of them.

TheTruth

Sep 19, 2006
    This is all speculation until we find out what the feds and our local government are doing. No sense getting into a lather until then.

More than likely (this is my opinion) is that they will change the current law to ban the sale, manufacture, offer for sale, transfer and receipt of magazines over 10 rounds. The current law does not affect possession. Probably just a stroke of the pen to go from 20 to 10.

However, that doesn't mean we don't have to fight it tooth an nail and be complacent about anything if we "already have ours." We have to fight this through the system as much as we can and see where we end up. Going through the judicial system if confiscation is floated is always an option.

Just my opinion.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Did you look at the proposed legislation, 10 YEARS in jail for a "high capacity" magazine. Seriously, screw these irrational hoplophobic mental midgets who are trying to pass this legislation. They need to learn quite clearly that shall not be infringed applies to all weapons, including firearms, not just some of the time, and not just for the government, but for all the US citizen all of the time.

What is so hard to understand about this concept?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I would not sign it saying I have owned a lot of firearms and it is very possible I may have some stowed in a storage unit in a box that I haven't opened in years. Of course I would give them the keys to the 10 or so storage units I have across the state.

Dec 31, 2012
    NY's current and likely to pass proposal will grandfather 10 round magazines.
    Of course all future gun purchases will have to abide by the 7 round limit.

Large capacity mags will be handled akin to the way NJ did it.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    The only problem is magazines are not serialized. So how will they know if you have some or not? I see no real effective way to GF hicap mags but not allow you to sell/buy them unless they force you to have them serialized and accounted for.

SSDD

Dec 18, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    The only problem is magazines are not serialized. So how will they know if you have some or not? I see no real effective way to GF hicap mags but not allow you to sell/buy them unless they force you to have them serialized and accounted for.

You raise a good point, but I assume they would just put the burden of proof on you to prove that you have them legally. As people have mentioned, 10 years of jail is a lot to weigh against taking care of your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom