• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    i was just wondering where the best gun shows are, i've only been to one and it didn't seem all that great, it seemed rather small for what i was expecting. my wife and i went to the gun show at mason-dixon auto auction. so what/where in everybodys opinion here are the best gun shows to go to?
    thanks

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    IN MY OPINION...

The days of the good gun shows are gone. Prices run very close to in store prices, the shows are crowded and the number of non-gun tables keeps getting higher.

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    MIrror Mirror on the wall, what's the best gunshow of all?

Chantilly and Richmond Va.
    I really like Richmond. For me the drive is about the same as Chantilly and the prices are better. Chantilly has the MD/DC area crowds and the vendors know it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I like the Timonium show put on the the Maryland Antique Arms Collectors (I think?)
    I don't go to buy anything, just gawk at alot of old great guns.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    true but do you have the time to drive around to every shop and check prices on the item you want.

m40sniper

Jul 12, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Depends on what your looking for. Want old military/civil war items? Go to the Fredricksburg and Richmond shows. Want more modern go to Dulles Expo and Chantilly.
    Agree that the good old days are gone from the shows. Used to go early to find deals on unusual and under-priced goodies, and go late to make the last minute "best price so you don't have to pack it up and take it back" deals. Now it's their game, get it today at this price 'cause next time if I can even get it it'll be more $$$! Still a lot of fun though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom