• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hey guys. I recently picked up a nice 03A3 from a family member passing away. The main question I have about it is there is a small hole, maybe 1/4" in the receiver near the chamber. I do not yet have a manual for this gun and before I shoot it, I want to be sure this is normal. Many pics I have seen show this hole in it, but I have no idea what it is for or if it is normal. The hole is just under where the serial number is on the receiver. Can anyone help me with this. I can supply a pic if needed.

Thanks

:D

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thank you so much JJBDUKE2004! I really appreciate it. I thought I had something to worry about there!

Now I am on to restoring the stock and finishing another stock that my uncle was making when he passed away. I am going to finish his work and take her to the range.

Thanks

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    be careful on refinishing the stock. anything other than the slightest cosmetic cleaning will reduce the value considerably, if you have any interest in such...

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thanks. I am not too worried about the value. I plan on shooting and keeping this rifle and passing it down. However, I dont want to go too crazy and sand away the marks. I just want to clean her up a little.

Thanks!

G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    5' of flame shoot out of that hole when you a badly overloaded round! (A Western factory load.) And the gun was unharmed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom