• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Have been reloading on this table for a few years. I like the set up, but I am adding a Dillon 550 to the mix. For those that have two presses going, what would you suggest?

I was thinking about moving the powder thrower out of the mix. I'll put it at eye level on the shelf above. (Not seen) I'll also move the single stage to the left where the powder thrower was and place the Dillon on the right. Or, should it be the other way around?

And, yes, it's a mess. In there today cleaning up and have stuff everywhere. This is an unfinished 1/2-bath in our basement that I converted to a man-cave. Or, should I say, man-cubby...

Attachments

• loading_table.jpg
      loading_table.jpg
      78.9 KB · Views: 512

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Why not put the dillon on the right and only setup the RCBS on the right side as well but only when you need it. Just drill some holes in the deck and use butterfly nuts to make it easy to take down. This way you can still have your work flow the same all the time and not give up too much work space.

More shelves too.

And since your asking for suggestions my add a Vargas Poster on the wall. My grandfather had one over his reloading bench seemed like a nice touch. It will also inspire you to work on your airbrush skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Have been reloading on this table for a few years. I like the set up, but I am adding a Dillon 550 to the mix. For those that have two presses going, what would you suggest?

I was thinking about moving the powder thrower out of the mix. I'll put it at eye level on the shelf above. (Not seen) I'll also move the single stage to the left where the powder thrower was and place the Dillon on the right. Or, should it be the other way around?

And, yes, it's a mess. In there today cleaning up and have stuff everywhere. This is an unfinished 1/2-bath in our basement that I converted to a man-cave. Or, should I say, man-cubby...

You may want to check out the mounting system offered by Inline Fabrication. I only have one press currently but the quick change system allows me to easily move me press from the bench to a wall mounted storage plate giving me full use of the bench top.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Why not put the dillon on the right and only setup the RCBS on the right side as well but only when you need it....

You may want to check out the mounting system offered by Inline Fabrication. I only have one press currently but the quick change system allows me to easily move me press from the bench to a wall mounted storage plate giving me full use of the bench top.

Both, excellent ideas. Thanks!

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    I mounted my Powder Thrower to a piece of 10"x10"x1" (shelving) board so I could easily move/store it out of the way when I'm not using it. Could probably go a couple inches smaller on length and width but that's all I had at the time. I did the same with my MEC 600 Jr shotshell press but I use C-Clamps to hold that down where as I don't need any clamps for the Powder thrower. It has worked out great for me so far.

I also have an Inline Fabrication stand for my RCBS Rock Chucker and use C-Clamps to secure it as well.

combined_reloading_bench.jpeg

handgun_reloading_bench.jpeg

shot_reloading_bench.jpeg

Last edited:

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    I was limited by space and had to share another area with reloading and I didn't want to mount the presses to the bench. My cart is a bit unconventional but it worked out much better than I expected and now that I know this I would still use the same setup even if I had unlimited bench space. I find it very comfortable and convenient to work on a bench that is parallel to the press. I can rest my arm on it and whatever I'm doing at the moment is right there with a slight chair or body swivel. I can also stretch my legs out without hitting things under the bench and I could mount the presses at the right height while still using "normal" height work benches.

Hornady LNL on one side and a single stage Lee on the other. The 2X8's are just a quick and easy way to raise the press height and believe it or not they didn't increase the rigidity of the cart as there was zero flex to begin with. Luckily my floor is nice and level in this area and all 4 wheels are solid against it. The 1X2's on each corner are to push against the other bench (or a wall) to keep the cart from rolling away during the priming operation. Also the cart added some more nice storage space.

P6100001.jpg

P6100002 (2).jpg

P6100005.jpg

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Love that idea Stick. I won't be reloading a lot and was not happy about having to designate a spot in my garage for it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am not sure about operating the 550. With my 650 and case collator, most of my actions are to the left side of the machine. So I tend to stand center to right center of the 650.

With my single stage, most of my activity is to the right of the press.

So I have my single stage set up about 8 inches from the left end of my bench. And my 650 about 18 inches from the right edge.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I've got some welding clamps (made by vice grip but they have big flat jaws that swivel a little on the ends to clamp flat material). I mount everything but the press on 1/2 plywood boards and then I can swap out the powder measure, case trimmer, etc so I have more frontage on the bench when I not using those.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I am not sure about operating the 550. With my 650 and case collator, most of my actions are to the left side of the machine. So I tend to stand center to right center of the 650.

With my single stage, most of my activity is to the right of the press.

So I have my single stage set up about 8 inches from the left end of my bench. And my 650 about 18 inches from the right edge.

With my 550, I tend to be more focused on the left side of the machine. (watching powder level and bullet seating) The only thing I do on the right side is feed the case.

CSHS

Apr 21, 2015
    You've got a shelf above, but I think you can make more of your vertical space. I'd put a shelf in the middle where you can mount the powder dispenser and have your scale about eye-level when sitting.

Attachments

• bench.jpg
      bench.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 275

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    You've got a shelf above, but I think you can make more of your vertical space. I'd put a shelf in the middle where you can mount the powder dispenser and have your scale about eye-level when sitting.

That's a great idea! I think I'll switch from the board mounted powder dispenser to the shelf c-clamped dispenser.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Mounting things to a smaller board so you can clamp them in place when in use and then get them out of the way is a great way to do it. I even have my progressive press mounted to a sturdy piece of steel so I can bolt that directly to the bench and then hide it since I don't use it near as much as my single stage or turret press. It's not as pretty as the pre-fabricated mounts but it works great and was free! So was the press :)

I finally got a Hornady auto powder measure because I was killing my gimpy spine hunched over trickling all my loads by hand. Money well spent!

Attachments

• press.jpg
      press.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 185

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I found myself in the same situation as you after I picked up a Lock-n-load from a fellow member.

I ended up drilling a few threaded holes into a 1/2" aluminum plate mounted to my table. One set of holes lines up with each press. I also found these little spring loaded ratchet handles which were about the same price as a bag of bolts. So far seems like it should work ok.

92beffbb903b3719b146d96fbc5a5557.jpg

6cc6d1f58b0a0836d31524de5c9d19e6.jpg

42fca6d7a2b8f67c095fc58aefab833b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom