• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Went today and had missed it the last couple of years. Was hoping for an improvement since I last attended.
    Ummm, my expectations weren't met - again.
    Cons - Ammo prices high, lots of "junk" tables, too many food vendors, was this a knife show or a gun show? Seemed undersold or lots of now shows. ???
    Pros - a few vendors with decent displays and selection/competitive pricing of guns/parts.
    Just my $.02

Actually...

It is billed as a "Knife and Gun Show"...

I was there this afternoon for MSI, and for a Sunday afternoon, it may have been the best-attended I've seen in a long time.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    Actually...

It is billed as a "Knife and Gun Show"...

I was there this afternoon for MSI, and for a Sunday afternoon, it may have been the best-attended I've seen in a long time.

how many did y'all sign up? We got 8 or 9 yesterday.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I got some 45 acp HST for 35 and box of 50, bout the same as online once shipping is added in.

Saw a sig 220 45 I shouldn't have picked up, I'm really trying to avoid my first sig purchase........ I know it will just be the beginning.

TD

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    And I picked up one of the Blue Fin group buy 1911 that Mopar put together. Can't wait to get it. The next time I see the Damascus knife guy, I may get a set of those grips.:thumbsup:

I also took up on the group buy that I found out about while at the show. Is there a thread here online, I try using the search feature but couldn't find it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I got some 45 acp HST for 35 and box of 50, bout the same as online once shipping is added in.

Saw a sig 220 45 I shouldn't have picked up, I'm really trying to avoid my first sig purchase........ I know it will just be the beginning.

TD

I always liked the 220. Then they brought out the 227.

Oh well, you can always use another .45. :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I was there about lunch time. Met an MDS member to buy some ammo he had for sale, then hit the show.

Some interesting things, but nothing really moved me.

I was looking for a couple of powders (IMR 3031 and Alliant 2400). No 2400, but there was 3031, but at $33 a pound.

CCI Minimags were $45 per 500 rounds at a couple of tables. $40 - $45 for CCI Standard and Quiet bricks.

All I ended up buying, was a couple of small pistol cases. From Precision Firearms.

Unfortunately Fox Firearms was doing a brisk business.

I did notice at least 4 vendors explaining the HQL process to people. Interestingly, in every case, the person/couple that was learning about the process, were minorities. Liberals going for their first handgun??????

Also took some time and chatted with the MDS members at the MSI booth. I remember Mr H by "name," but forget the other two. Sorry, but it was nice meeting people.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Did you see the Damascus knife guy on the far left? He had various Damascus steel 1911 grips that were pretty cool looking.

I did not. I generally just walk right by knife vendors. I will certainly check them out next time.

Thanks for the heads up.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    We had a good weekend. Lots of participation with folks at the show, including a fair number of minorities (yes, many of them - meaning minorities - did stop and talk to us.) We may be close to putting a pretty good dent in the "old, fat, white guys" myth. Final membership count was 8 Saturday and 7 Sunday. I talked to the promoter at closing on Sunday, he said he did not have a gate count yet but he, too, thought it was pretty well attended.

Did anyone else notice that there was not a single one of the usual "Gun show --->" signs at the main entrance on York Road, or anywhere around the building? Probably didn't want any of the Snowflakey Parents dropping their kids off at the dinosaur show to risk being exposed to that evil "gun" word. The irony is that the kids would probably enjoy the guns almost as much as the dinosaurs. There were a fair number of families with children at the show, and we gave out a lot of our coloring books.

Feb 28, 2013
    Went today and had missed it the last couple of years. Was hoping for an improvement since I last attended.
    Ummm, my expectations weren't met - again.
    Cons - Ammo prices high, lots of "junk" tables, too many food vendors, was this a knife show or a gun show? Seemed undersold or lots of now shows. ???
    Pros - a few vendors with decent displays and selection/competitive pricing of guns/parts.
    Just my $.02

Well, one guy was offerin' a hell of a deal on a Mini-14 with a pigsticker lug.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Did anyone else notice that there was not a single one of the usual "Gun show --->" signs at the main entrance on York Road, or anywhere around the building? Probably didn't want any of the Snowflakey Parents dropping their kids off at the dinosaur show to risk being exposed to that evil "gun" word. The irony is that the kids would probably enjoy the guns almost as much as the dinosaurs. There were a fair number of families with children at the show, and we gave out a lot of our coloring books.

I did notice that. As a matter of fact, I noticed that as soon as I drove in and walked up to the building. I came off Timonium road. I guarantee it was because of the dinosaur thing.

Hey Sling- I wish i have known you were there, would have been nice to say hi.

Feb 28, 2013
    I did notice that. As a matter of fact, I noticed that as soon as I drove in and walked up to the building. I came off Timonium road. I guarantee it was because of the dinosaur thing.
    We certainly wouldn't want nobody exposed to the potential fer political incorrectness. That would be simply tragic. :rolleyes:

Hey Sling- I wish i have known you were there, would have been nice to say hi.
    Aw hell...

When was ya there? We wasn't there long anyhow. Basically just wanted to drop a rifle off for Mopar to sell that they wouldn't let me sell here.

Mrlexed88

Amateur Race Car Driver
    Nov 28, 2016
    Harford
    Funny I actually walked to the dinosaur show building by mistake, since there was no signs I just followed the crowd. I wonder how many families walked to the gun show by mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom