• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pointcover

May 27, 2013
    Anyone familiar with the welded screw on the trigger pack of the Scorpion?

I did everything they said to do, broke the weld replaced screw and now the screw seems striped on top and will not lock down. Any suggestions? Thanks

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Good luck if you have to order parts from CZ.
    I sent an email about ordering a single screw on my Scorpion and after 3 weeks no reply.
    My friends said CZ has bad customer service.

pointcover

May 27, 2013
    Good luck if you have to order parts from CZ.
    I sent an email about ordering a single screw on my Scorpion and after 3 weeks no reply.
    My friends said CZ has bad customer service.

Thanks. It almost seems like the screw is the wrong size. HB Industries sells these replacement kits so I will call them in the AM.

Digby

Feb 19, 2014
    Western Howard County
    Anyone familiar with the welded screw on the trigger pack of the Scorpion?

I did everything they said to do, broke the weld replaced screw and now the screw seems striped on top and will not lock down. Any suggestions? Thanks

Pointcover
    Try using the original screw. If that doesn't work, it would appear that you stripped the threads in the hole that the screw passes through. If so, you have 2 options: 1) buy a new trigger pack housing, or 2) get a small nut that fits the screw and tighten it down. A nut should fit without difficulty since it would be the same size as the welded spacer that you removed.

The size of the screw/nut is M4x0.7. It is a standard metric size. A good hardware store should have what you need. Alternatively, try McMaster-Carr https://www.mcmaster.com/#kfs2-m4-nuts/=14yb958

I drilled mine out with the special drill bit that I purchased from HBI. I ended up re-using the original screw. I also relaced the springs with the HBI springs and polished the sear engagement surfaces. My trigger now breaks at around 5 lbs. 4 oz. -- much better than the original 9 lbs!

Good luck.
    John

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom