• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I like the vibe of TMGN, more than I like the country club or sterile atmosphere of other indoor ranges that try to cater to a much more upscale clientele.

You might not like HTC. That's why I like HTC better but I definitely am not upscale by any sense of the imagination. I just like that is feels more corporate like.

To each is own and good we have choices as we had zero in the not to distant past.

I like both places and both have very nice employees

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    TMGN is hosting a Corp Event for my company.
    Great people.
    Great place.
    Great price.

I am grateful for my relationship with the team at TMGN!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I'm going Sunday. I'll try and remember to ask them about transfers. I don't see anything about it on their website.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I'm going Sunday. I'll try and remember to ask them about transfers. I don't see anything about it on their website.

What time Sunday? I usually get there around 10:00.

Transfers are extremely cheap for members. I think I posted somewhere a while ago what Matt (owner) had quoted me.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Transfers are extremely cheap for members. I think I posted somewhere a while ago what Matt (owner) had quoted me.

PM me if you guys want to link up after some range time, I'm within 10 minutes from them. We could hit Belles' for a burger or something.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    I'll definitely let you know if I make it over there this Sunday. I've been bitching I haven't been there for a few weeks even though, health wise, its been a rough week. Since I'm already invested in it I'll be at the downtown wine fest Saturday.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    I'll definitely let you know if I make it over there this Sunday. I've been bitching I haven't been there for a few weeks even though, health wise, its been a rough week. Since I'm already invested in it I'll be at the downtown wine fest Saturday.

PM me on Saturday and let me know. We'll figure out specifics then. I'll be getting up early for "breakfast" on Sunday, due to night shift schedule.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Anyone shot the Thursday night USPSA matches there yet?

No but I'm really interested in doing this. I need to get a holster. Also, I want to practice a bit more. I've been going to TMGN every Sunday to hone my pistol skills and def want to start doing practical shooting matches. I may swing up there just to watch, but I'm not sure how much room they have for spectators. I heard they are using both sides of the range now for the matches.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

I was there right around 10:30am, shot until 11:30 last Sunday. I was on the left side of the range. I just joined and have been going every Sunday during the member only hours.

ETA: I asked them about transfer when I was there, they gave me the card of the person to contact about coordinating them (her name is Nicole). I think it was $45 regulated and $25 unregulated for members, great prices!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I did a long gun transfer at TMGN.
    1. The customer service was outstanding. You can tell they are having as much fun as the customers.
    2. it was $20
    3. I bought ammo and shot the rifle while I was there. When you take into account shipping, their ammo prices are extremely reasonable.

:party29: :party29:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have an annual membership at TMGN and got this E-mail from them yesterday:

"Happy Fall, TMGN Fans!

Throughout the ENTIRE month of GLOCKTOBER you have the opportunity to take advantage of some spooky savings!

-All standard GLOCK RENTALS are only $5.00

-PLUS, we’ll take $5.00 OFF all premium GLOCK RENTALS such as the Zev Tech 17, Zev Tech 19, Salient Blu 17, and Salient Tier One 17

-Every Sunday during MEMBER ONLY HOURS (10AM to 12PM) all GLOCK RENTALS are FREE for TMGN MEMBERS

-ALL GLOCK MODELS are available FOR SALE at a discounted rate throughout the ENTIRE month of GLOCKTOBER… PLUS, you’ll receive a $25 TMGN GIFT CARD with EVERY GLOCK purchase!

No tricks here. Stop by and treat yourself TODAY!

Have any questions? Come by and see us, give us a call, or shoot us an email. We're happy to help!

See you on the range!"

I especially liked the part about the free Glock rentals for members. Need to go there one of these Sundays to check them out.

Cal68

Last edited:

Boneuphtoner

Feb 8, 2016
    MoCo
    I went again last Friday and had another great experience. I haven't been in several months since NRA is closer for me, but they've been shut down for several weeks so I headed back to Frederick. Very friendly staff and great range officers. Highly recommended!!!

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Been going there a while now. Most helpful employees ive run into. Had to decide on what handgun we wanted. And jus tthe ability to rent as many as you want and just try them all out. We have yet to rent any o the long guns/machine guns. But thats coming.

My only want there is a longer range for rifles and maybe a little more "setup" space. But the people and the facility are all top notch. Maybe Ill go this weekend.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Been going there a while now. Most helpful employees ive run into. Had to decide on what handgun we wanted. And jus tthe ability to rent as many as you want and just try them all out. We have yet to rent any o the long guns/machine guns. But thats coming.

My only want there is a longer range for rifles and maybe a little more "setup" space. But the people and the facility are all top notch. Maybe Ill go this weekend.

Why not go to the Dottrio shoot at Heritage in Frederick?

Check the Industry partner section for Dottrio, and follow the instructions for free range time.

EDIT:

In case you want it to be easier.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=190281

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom