• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I hate you all.... I just bought my first and want more, you guys are NOT helping by posting these beautiful pistols of yours.:sad20:

Attachments

• Sport king 1.jpg
      Sport king 1.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 404
    • Sport king.jpg
      Sport king.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 410

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Are the High Standard pistols (all models) eligible for C&R if they are over 50 years old?

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Just added another High Standard .22 to the collection. A Letter Model E. Top of the line model in that series. Early model with the Type I-B take down. Made in 1938. It's a heavy gun and weighs a couple ounces more than an unloaded USGI 1911A1.

I have a High Standard Supermatic Citation on consignment at Tyler Firearms in Halethorpe, 410-921-6393, if interested. Very nice collection you have there!!!

Lew--Ranger63

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    You're gonna love the Citation! I've got one of the last M107s built before they closed their doors in the early 80s. Has the 7 1/4" fluted barrel and is a tack driver. Much prefer it to a S&W M41 which I never took a cotton to.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    You're gonna love the Citation! I've got one of the last M107s built before they closed their doors in the early 80s. Has the 7 1/4" fluted barrel and is a tack driver. Much prefer it to a S&W M41 which I never took a cotton to.

Blasphemy!!!!! :war: :D

I own a few accurized High Standards and none of them come close to the M41 for accuracy. I can put 10 shot strings well within a dime at 50yds off a Ransom rest.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Me thinks a shoot-off might be in order! Found the M41 to be too muzzle heavy for me. Not an issue shooting off a rest but I rarely shoot handguns off a rest. Like that I can bolt up a barrel or muzzle weight to the HS and "tune" it to what I want.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Blasphemy!!!!! :war: :D

I own a few accurized High Standards and none of them come close to the M41 for accuracy. I can put 10 shot strings well within a dime at 50yds off a Ransom rest.

You been Holding out on me bro? ive been looking for some for a while. :lol2:

Me thinks a shoot-off might be in order! Found the M41 to be too muzzle heavy for me. Not an issue shooting off a rest but I rarely shoot handguns off a rest. Like that I can bolt up a barrel or muzzle weight to the HS and "tune" it to what I want.

Awww Sh*t.. its on now. Can I come watch?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Well, not intend on picking up a pistol, I had driven by a shop in PA on way from my son's travel game. Was driving from Sat event near Philly and saw a LGS sign.
    This place was nice. I did not even get to the C&R rifles when I saw this. Something I had been looking for and it was in really good shape. Small amount of wear on the top. No cracks in the grips and scratches on the grips are not that bad for a 1952 pistol.
    I did not have an idea what the real value was but got it for $300 which was to me a good value with the condition it was in.
    Sn is 39xxxx

Attachments

• IMG_2164.jpg
      IMG_2164.jpg
      104.8 KB · Views: 220
    • IMG_2167.jpg
      IMG_2167.jpg
      99.6 KB · Views: 218
    • IMG_2169.jpg
      IMG_2169.jpg
      105.7 KB · Views: 214
    • IMG_2174.jpg
      IMG_2174.jpg
      74.9 KB · Views: 218
    Last edited:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Well, not intend on picking up a pistol, I had driven by a shop in PA on way from my son's travel game. Was driving from Sat event near Philly up to NJ and saw a LGS sign.
    This place was nice. I did not even get to the C&R rifles when I saw this. Something I had been looking for and it was in really good shape. Small amount of wear on the top. No cracks in the grips and scratches on the grips are not that bad for a 1952 pistol.
    I did not have an idea what the real value was but got it for $300 which was to me a good value with the condition it was in.
    Sn is 39xxxx

Solid buy and looks nice , Ive seen them in that cond go for easy 375-450.00

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom