• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Who is excited as I am to see the store being built on the corner of 108 and Georgia Ave... Across from 711

And so sad to see the original 6 twelve leave on the other side of the street..It was the best weer and wine convince mart on this side of Montgomery County.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Another haven of bigotry and intolerance right in the heart of progressive MoCo.

Who would of thought it?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It's a shame that it's on the northbound side of Georgia Ave. It's a pain in the butt to get to and back out of unless you're heading straight up 97.

Yep. That and parking is why so many businesses have failed there.

I was a little sad to see the dumpy white building close. I remember when that used to be a video store.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Any Chick-fil-a is a disaster traffic wise. The Johns Hopkins store is painful parking and drive through. The one in Columbia is double disaster due to Rouse's one-way-in nightmare.

Olney just got a lot more annoying, especially the 108/97 area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Any Chick-fil-a is a disaster traffic wise. The Johns Hopkins store is painful parking and drive through. The one in Columbia is double disaster due to Rouse's one-way-in nightmare.

Olney just got a lot more annoying, especially the 108/97 area.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Olney has got annoying but they have now made Olney an area so you do not have to leave it.... Meaning the expansion 4 grocery stores.... Adding Harris teaters....home goods.... Tj max.... Green turtle... It's designed so you don't have to leave either town... They just need to bring back a movie theater.... I will say this.... We brought our house for 225,000 back in 2006 and now it is worth 600. So property value has boomed ridiculously....olney is so redundant there is 3 of everything (banks, grocery store, pizza places, burger places, Mexican food, high schools, u name it.... Olney has it)

Hiddentrixx

Sep 17, 2017
    Montgomery County
    Go a little further north and you can have an amazing Sunshine Burger (aka, the Sunshine General Store - please hurry, they've been a secret for a long time).

OH yes love that place but haven't been able to catch it before they close due to work. There steak and cheese is bomb dot Com too

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    the other bad one is 97S turning right onto Norbeck. That red light cam gets so many ppl it's insane. But hey, it's for pedestrian safety.... nevermind that that turn has no crosswalk or sidewalk.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    cfahate.jpg

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Anyone go way back to the corner Drugstore in a house, the leaning Livery Stable on the other side of 108, and the Post Office/feed store on the other corner? Or am I just old?

gamecock

Sep 7, 2017
    Go a little further north and you can have an amazing Sunshine Burger (aka, the Sunshine General Store - please hurry, they've been a secret for a long time).

That's the first place I ever had an egg on a bacon cheeseburger :party29:

I've been a loyal customer for over 10 years now

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    The six twelve is turning into a craft beer place. It sounds like it will have both local brews and national. Not sure if it's a beer store or a bar yet or a combination. Between Brookeville beer farm, waradaca, and chick-fil-a, it makes me happier and more bearable that I stayed near my hometown for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom