• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    LOL. You're on it. We have some inbound, I'll hit you up on FB when they arrive so you can swing by and check them out.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    Just got in a couple.

Attachments

• DSC_7272.jpg
      DSC_7272.jpg
      84.6 KB · Views: 217

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    I think you all are missing the point. That slide wasn't designed to be beautiful. It was designed to be functional. If you are fighting for your life, you just might need to be able to rack the slide with one hand, against whatever solid object happens to be convenient, with one hand, at who knows what odd angle. The trigger guard is extra large to accomodate gloves. The magazine flares out so it can be grabbed more easily with a gloved hand.

I think Beretta's been more known for their aesthetic design in the past, but I for one am glad to see them moving in the direction of function over form. The APX looks Operator AF to me.

Engage Armament

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 30, 2010
    Rockville, MD
    I think you all are missing the point. That slide wasn't designed to be beautiful. It was designed to be functional. If you are fighting for your life, you just might need to be able to rack the slide with one hand, against whatever solid object happens to be convenient, with one hand, at who knows what odd angle. The trigger guard is extra large to accomodate gloves. The magazine flares out so it can be grabbed more easily with a gloved hand.

I think Beretta's been more known for their aesthetic design in the past, but I for one am glad to see them moving in the direction of function over form. The APX looks Operator AF to me.

Excellent points.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    I like the styling. It's a really difficult choice though. The new CZ P-10C, Sig P320 RX, Walther Q5 Match, and Glock 34 MOS are all on my future polymer, striker fired gun want list. This would be a 5th to add to the comparative mix.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not really a "comparative mix", the CZ and Beretta are duty style pistols, the rest are more or less "gamer guns".

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    And one can't use any of the five for the range? Or a "duty" gun that one wants to carry couldn't be used in IDPA? It depends on criteria. Mine is that I want to buy one or maybe two of these striker-fired guns to add to a current collection of Walthers, Sigs, Glocks, etc. Thus I would compare prices, reviews on reliability, whether I like the styling, whether I want a new IDPA gun, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom