• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Anyone order a readymod from Brownells and receive a textured version?

Ordered a ready-mod, card was hit today - guess we'll see in a few days what actually arrives.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Got mine in and definitely not going to work with a Gen 4 slide as it completely compromises the pic rail. I noticed on other guns with pic rails the are set much lower.

Oh well but I am so impressed with the feel that I don't mind spending the money for a slide, another 19, or maybe a 23 and a conversion barrel.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Got mine in and definitely not going to work with a Gen 4 slide as it completely compromises the pic rail. I noticed on other guns with pic rails the are set much lower.

Oh well but I am so impressed with the feel that I don't mind spending the money for a slide, another 19, or maybe a 23 and a conversion barrel.

Thanks for the update.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    I am pretty confident that they will :D

Although I doubt I'll be buying one. I really like the 19 sized frame a lot.

I took both of mine to TMGN yesterday and ran a couple hundred rounds through each, no problems. But my big paws prefer the size of the 17, so I would definitely consider another one if they update it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turbogrimace

Jan 21, 2014
    northern maryland
    This frame is excellent. It fits my hand perfectly. The relief under the trigger guard gives just enough room to keep all fingers comfortably on the grip. The stippling offers plenty of grip but isn't overly aggressive.

I finished this in 45 minutes with a dremel, 1/4" and 1/2" sanding drums, a hand drill, sandpaper, and some old rusted files. My lighting wasn't what it needed to be and I gouged the frame a little. The picture attached shows the finished frame before it was cleaned up with a little 220+ sandpaper. You can see some slight marks from the file, but they polished out. I didn't remove all of the material from the barrel rest because the dremel and my file were at a bit of an angle. There might be 1/32" or less left , but it doesn't interfere with function.

The pins are incredibly tight, even after reaming the holes with the drill bits. The rear rail took some work to get it aligned with the rear pin. After some lube, and racking the new slide assembly about 100 times, it functions nicely.

The lone wolf extended mag release that came with the lpk is way too long. The 3 lb connector and 6 lb trigger spring feel great. I'm going to put some rounds through it and then do a full polish on the trigger assembly.

Attachments

• 20170324_135459.jpg
      20170324_135459.jpg
      64.7 KB · Views: 268
    • 20170324_135508.jpg
      20170324_135508.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 263
    • 20170324_123746.jpg
      20170324_123746.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 261
    • 20170324_135744.jpg
      20170324_135744.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 253

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I talked to a vendor at the Oaks show about these and he said they are no longer making the standard and you will receive the textured model if you placed an order and haven't received your yet. The textured models are the new style.

He also said they will be releasing a 26 model soon. He was hoping to have them for this show, but they haven't arrived yet.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The lone wolf extended mag release that came with the lpk is way too long.
    There is a lot of meat on the mag release and you can take a file and some fine sandpaper to it to shorten it. That's what I did to mine, it was waaaay too long. lol

It was easier to remove it, work it over, test it until I got it where I wanted it and then reinstall it.

turbogrimace

Jan 21, 2014
    northern maryland
    There is a lot of meat on the mag release and you can take a file and some fine sandpaper to it to shorten it. That's what I did to mine, it was waaaay too long. lol

It was easier to remove it, work it over, test it until I got it where I wanted it and then reinstall it.

Did yours have small holes (maybe three) along the bottom? Mine does and it looks like I'd end up hitting one if I filed it down to the height I want.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Did yours have small holes (maybe three) along the bottom? Mine does and it looks like I'd end up hitting one if I filed it down to the height I want.

Just buy a standard one for $7 delivered off ebay and replace the extended one, it takes all of about 2 minutes to do. I have an OEM extended on mine but I don't mind it sticking out, it's a range only gun and is never going to be holstered so it doesn't bother me.

So they're planning a 26 frame eh..?? That's an interesting development if true, personally I won't get one as the grip on the 26/27 is just too short for my paws, unless you use one of those extra long mag floorplates, and then they end up looking kind of goofy. I'll just wait for the (hopefully) revised version of the full size 17/22 frame.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yes, think I have the same parts kit. I will take a pic of mine here in a few and post it, but I didn't take it down as far as that first hole. You'd be surprised how much better it is if you file/grind off about an 1/8" and then do some profiling on it from there with a file. I don't think I took off more than 3/32" when I was done and then I polished it up a little with some 800grit sandpaper to smooth it out. You can add a little stippling to it if you want, but I'm not going to on mine, it works great, is extended a tad, but not enough to drop a mag unexpectedly.. lol

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Here is my extended after a little grinding, filing and smoothing out.. I can take more off, but I actually like it where it is right now, extended, but not over-extended.

In one of my carry holsters, a pic overall, a pic trying to show how much it sticks out, but it looks like more than it is and finally a pic of the mag release removed showing the square hole and how much meat I still have to work with.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.JPG
      IMG_3829.JPG
      52.7 KB · Views: 228
    • IMG_3830.JPG
      IMG_3830.JPG
      57 KB · Views: 225
    • IMG_3831.JPG
      IMG_3831.JPG
      24.4 KB · Views: 216
    • IMG_3833.JPG
      IMG_3833.JPG
      20 KB · Views: 220

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    I talked to a vendor at the Oaks show about these and he said they are no longer making the standard and you will receive the textured model if you placed an order and haven't received your yet. The textured models are the new style.

He also said they will be releasing a 26 model soon. He was hoping to have them for this show, but they haven't arrived yet.

Are you saying NO readymod frames will be released?:tdown:

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Here is my extended after a little grinding, filing and smoothing out.. I can take more off, but I actually like it where it is right now, extended, but not over-extended.

In one of my carry holsters, a pic overall, a pic trying to show how much it sticks out, but it looks like more than it is and finally a pic of the mag release removed showing the square hole and how much meat I still have to work with.

Nice work Sticky....looks great!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Are you saying NO readymod frames will be released?:tdown:

I'm only reporting what the vendor told me. Not sure how accurate the information is or where he got it from. I started the conversation asking if they were going to make a G26 version and he said yes. He then told me that the readymods on his table were all he would be able to get. He said the textured frames are what is shipping now.

I don't know how true that information was.

If you want a readymod frame, there were many of them available at the show.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Are you planning on buying the Matrix Precision rail cutting tool?
    Hopefully not... I plan on setting it up in a mill and using a woodruff cutter to cut the rails. We'll see... :o

I got their vise blocks so I can do everything in the mill. Hopefully it'll work as planned. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom