• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm in the market for a WWII 1911a1 Holster to go with my WWII 1911a1 Remington Rand.
    What is the price I should expect for one? I'm going to want original with some honest wear on it and not a repo so I'll need to know how to spot a repo also.

thx for any help on this.

Jul 1, 2012
    it'll be more than that at the end :)
    they usually run $75-100 for a decent one.
    The el cheapos on eBay look like they are cut or in poor shape.

Also depends on year and maker, some are several hundred dollars.

A shoulder (well, chest) rig might be more interesting, with the hip holster you'll need all the extras like belt, hooks etc.

I have a black M7 shoulder holster for a 1911. It's got some honest wear but is still functional. Marked US on the front and a manufacturers mark ........looks like it starts with B-U-C-H- I can't read the rest. I was told by the original owner that it was a bring back from WWII. It has a serial number so I presume it's history can be researched.

If this sounds like something you want, make me a decent offer. I don't use it.

dad4

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2013
    Cecil County
    I wanted to share with you a fact, regarding WW2 holsters, before you make your decision. Brown was the color during WW2.

All USGI M1916 Viet Nam era holsters were black in color. The US military went to black leather equipments in 1956, although the USAF had already done so by 1950.

JDH146

jdh146
    Dec 26, 2009
    I have a black M7 shoulder holster for a 1911. It's got some honest wear but is still functional. Marked US on the front and a manufacturers mark ........looks like it starts with B-U-C-H- I can't read the rest. I was told by the original owner that it was a bring back from WWII. It has a serial number so I presume it's history can be researched.

If this sounds like something you want, make me a decent offer. I don't use it.

Most likely Bucheimer ,Frederick,Md . I am no expert but from dad4's post above citing Black color and the attached link ,your holster appears to be Vietnam Era.
    http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/for...f-makers-of-usgi-m1916-holsters-updated-2016/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom