• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Documentation says for 7.62 cal but rifle is 308. Owner just added comment that "it has been pointed out that documentation is fake, I am ending the auction". Still a nice rifle to have, as is!

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Documentation says for 7.62 cal but rifle is 308. Owner just added comment that "it has been pointed out that documentation is fake, I am ending the auction". Still a nice rifle to have, as is!

It would be. But it would be a shame for someone to have paid 20X what it is worth. If you read the comments from M40rifle personnel, someone actually ruined a lot of valuable original parts trying to fake it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I wonder if the GB seller is out money or was selling it on consignment for another party. See this happen with Colt Pythons relatively frequently on GB (reblued, fake box, etc, basically misrepresented) and often caught by members of the Colt forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I wonder if the GB seller is out money or was selling it on consignment for another party. See this happen with Colt Pythons relatively frequently on GB (reblued, fake box, etc, basically misrepresented) and often caught by members of the Colt forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I would hope that no one is out of big money but in one of the links, I believe I read that it sold for $17,500. That's a big lose.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    It apparently sold at RIA for $19,500. What a shame.

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
      IMG_0057.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 317

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Seller on GB confirmed he paid almost 20K for this rifle. Feel sorry for him.
    Classic case of caveat emptor. It would have been a great time to employ that wonderful bit of advice I got from my mother: (who got it from her mother, who probably got it from her mother)

When in doubt, don't.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Better move quick and hit the BIN for $75k.

"Unfortunately, Remington will not provide written verification on any gun."
    "This rifle was also inspected by an expert appraiser from a renowned firearms auction company [...] and he verified that this is the real deal."

Remington totally said it was legit on the phone and so did this one guy at a place, but Remington won't verify and I'm not going to tell you who the guy is. But you can totally trust me for $75k.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Better move quick and hit the BIN for $75k.

"Unfortunately, Remington will not provide written verification on any gun."
    "This rifle was also inspected by an expert appraiser from a renowned firearms auction company [...] and he verified that this is the real deal."

Remington totally said it was legit on the phone and so did this one guy at a place, but Remington won't verify and I'm not going to tell you who the guy is. But you can totally trust me for $75k.

A fool and his money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom