Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old December 3rd, 2016, 02:26 PM   #1
jason.krywicki

AGC action ranges?

So, this was in the December newsletter:

"I want to start my first message in the AGC Newsletter by thanking the AGC Trustees for putting their trust in me to lead the AGC over the next two years. This is a huge responsibility and I promise to do the best job I can possibly do with a dedication to the success of the AGC. My goals for this term are to expand range badge sales 5% higher than the record setting 2016 sales, mend the wounded relationships between AGC Trustees, and to expand use of the AGC property.

Of course, I can't single handedly increase range badge sales. As a start, I'm relying on all the associated clubs to reach out to their current members and encourage buying 2017 badges. By expanding range use, I believe that will also increase badge sales. I've been working on adding a very large safety berm along the east-side of the 200-yard range. On the opposite side (the AGC Lane side), we intend to add up to eight 25-35 yard wide bays and use these bays for additional specialty ranges. These new ranges will serve the growing popularity of 3-Gun or multi-gun action shooting competitions, as well as, allow for what some people term as "plinking ranges" (bowling pins, moving target systems, etc.).

There are many more subtle changes that are coming as the new 2017 AGC Officers get a grip on their roles in the AGC. Your help in these endeavors is greatly appreciated. Please read on and see if you can contribute to the success of the AGC.

Tom D'asto
President"

If President D'asto is reading, can you give any more info? I stopped buying a range badge two years ago because of AGC's entrenched attitudes. This gives me hope. I've remained an associated club member just in case AGC ever came around - maybe 2017 is the year?

Jason
jason.krywicki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2016, 03:33 PM   #2
Art3
Eqinsu Ocha

The regime has been shifting. Tom seems to be good people and a go getter. I'm very optimistic

"Dear autocorrect: I'm really getting tired of your shirt!"
Art3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2016, 03:40 PM   #3
danb
These are not your droids

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.krywicki View Post
So, this was in the December newsletter:

"I want to start my first message in the AGC Newsletter by thanking the AGC Trustees for putting their trust in me to lead the AGC over the next two years. This is a huge responsibility and I promise to do the best job I can possibly do with a dedication to the success of the AGC. My goals for this term are to expand range badge sales 5% higher than the record setting 2016 sales, mend the wounded relationships between AGC Trustees, and to expand use of the AGC property.

Of course, I can't single handedly increase range badge sales. As a start, I'm relying on all the associated clubs to reach out to their current members and encourage buying 2017 badges. By expanding range use, I believe that will also increase badge sales. I've been working on adding a very large safety berm along the east-side of the 200-yard range. On the opposite side (the AGC Lane side), we intend to add up to eight 25-35 yard wide bays and use these bays for additional specialty ranges. These new ranges will serve the growing popularity of 3-Gun or multi-gun action shooting competitions, as well as, allow for what some people term as "plinking ranges" (bowling pins, moving target systems, etc.).

There are many more subtle changes that are coming as the new 2017 AGC Officers get a grip on their roles in the AGC. Your help in these endeavors is greatly appreciated. Please read on and see if you can contribute to the success of the AGC.

Tom D'asto
President"

If President D'asto is reading, can you give any more info? I stopped buying a range badge two years ago because of AGC's entrenched attitudes. This gives me hope. I've remained an associated club member just in case AGC ever came around - maybe 2017 is the year?

Jason

You can now get holster certified and shoot steel at all the ranges!!

They do action shooting matches often now. They shut down the 200 yd range for 3-gun. It'll be nice to have specialty lanes.

AGC has vastly improved in the last several years, they are gradually moving into the modern shooting sports era.

In Oct btw they added railroad ties to support posts. They can be used for the standard targets, but also for posts for steel.

"More importantly, where a state permits individuals to openly carry firearms, the exercise of this right, without more, cannot justify an investigatory detention. Permitting such a justification would eviscerate Fourth Amendment protections for lawfully armed individuals in those states."

http://www.ca4.uscourts.gov/opinions...d/115084.p.pdf
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2016, 03:49 PM   #4
jason.krywicki

If they start a monthly USPSA match, then I'll know they're serious.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 04:11 PM   #5
Biggfoot44

Remind me which side is east, twords the trap range, or twords the clubhouse ?
Biggfoot44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2016, 04:20 PM   #6
jason.krywicki

I believe Tom is saying that on the side of the 200 yd range next to the road that goes up to the trap fields is where the ranges will be added.
Old December 3rd, 2016, 04:21 PM   #7
MEGARMS
KnowNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggfoot44 View Post
Remind me which side is east, twords the trap range, or twords the clubhouse ?
He must have meant the west side. There is already a berm on the east side that seperates the 100 and 200 yard ranges.
MEGARMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2016, 05:12 PM   #8
Bikebreath
21st Century Hoplite

Well I'll be hogtied! Talk of this was going on in 2010, so at this rate something will happen by 2020. Seriously, I look forward to any action shooting at AGC.

In my life, I am the first line of defense - Bikebreath

If you could cross a trunk monkey with a roof Korean you would be all set. - Eruby
Bikebreath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 08:46 AM   #9
YerNotGood

I'm excited to see how this pans out. An opportunity to do something other than drill holes in paper is always welcome!
YerNotGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 08:52 AM   #10
BigT5g

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.krywicki View Post
If they start a monthly USPSA match, then I'll know they're serious.
Exactly. There needs to be formal affiliations with action sports organizations. The "action matches" they run now are limited and casual. However they are hampered by the lack of shooting bays. If they have 8 bays like the letter indicates, the possibilities are very exciting.

-Co-Founder/Instructor Dynamic Defense Concepts
www.facebook.com/ddctraining - updates
www.ddctraining.net - to sign up for a class
-USPSA Master #TY83421
-IDPA Master #A194371
-NRA Instructor/RSO
-MDSP Qualified Handgun Instructor
BigT5g is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Tags
trustee pissing match