Need someone to replace a thin aluminum garage door (single) on house near Fort Meade

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The big box places seem to just hire a handyman, make a referral and double the price!

Need someone who's done this kind of thing before to pickup new door, replace the slightly dented door, and haul away the old door. I'm guessing it's a 3 hour job, with the driving around.

If interested, please click to email (or PM me) with a firm fixed price estimate, I'll pay for the door, you just pick it up, install, and haul away old door. So just labor. Please let me know your garage door experience and a reference of a recent job.

I'd rather give an MDShooters member my money, and might be able to buy you a beer after the jobs done. :)

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I used AllAboutDoors back in ~2007 when a worker drove a forklift through the door. I have zero complaints about their service, install, product, and cost. http://www.allaboutdoors.net/

120 N. Langley Road
    Glen Burnie, MD 21060

Excellent, thank you!

Know anyone who replaces in sink garbage disposals or removes insulation and patches cracks in basement foundations? I'm thinking about driving by my local Home Depot and just paying a 'day-laborer'; what do you think I should pay one or two of them per hour/day?

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    Hey there. I used to work for East Coast doors in Frederick. My father actually started the company and now my uncle runs it. Oldest door company in Frederick and I worked directly for 7 years.

Yes, Home Depot and Costco and the like get whichever of their employees that has a pick up truck to come out and install it. I would also suggest not getting a door from those kinds of stores. They're always too thin of gauge. And they're even on the nominal side of the gauges they claim. If this is a door you rarely use them whatever, get cheap, but If this is something you'll be using a good bit I can give you some good brands and approx costs. My uncle might have some old doors laying in my warehouse that he's trying to get rid of.

I live in Frederick so I think I'm a little too far away to install it for you otherwise I'd offer.

PM me if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Hey there. I used to work for East Coast doors in Frederick. My father actually started the company and now my uncle runs it. Oldest door company in Frederick and I worked directly for 7 years.

Yes, Home Depot and Costco and the like get whichever of their employees that has a pick up truck to come out and install it. I would also suggest not getting a door from those kinds of stores. They're always too thin of gauge. And they're even on the nominal side of the gauges they claim. If this is a door you rarely use them whatever, get cheap, but If this is something you'll be using a good bit I can give you some good brands and approx costs. My uncle might have some old doors laying in my warehouse that he's trying to get rid of.

I live in Frederick so I think I'm a little too far away to install it for you otherwise I'd offer.

Thanks for the advice and offer. I spoke with a couple folks, and decided to go with one of them. I'm all set now, thanks!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland

I got our doors from home depot..
    They subcontract their install to local garage door installers.

I've called local installer and their prices are all over the place. I went to home depot.. Picked what I wanted (coplay doors). Next thing I get contacted by one of local installers. Same people I called for pricing.. Showed up to install the doors I ordered from home depot. Lol

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I got our doors from home depot..
    They subcontract their install to local garage door installers.

I've called local installer and their prices are all over the place. I went to home depot.. Picked what I wanted (coplay doors). Next thing I get contacted by one of local installers. Same people I called for pricing.. Showed up to install the doors I ordered from home depot. Lol

Ha!

I had a similar experience.

I 'shopped around' for a storm door install, several years ago; didn't like any of the 'fly by night' little guys. I decided to go with Home Depot (or was it Lowes?), anyhow, I contracted with them for more money, and the two guys that showed up were local 'father and son' everyday folks. I probably previously dismissed their offer, only to have a big box store take my money and extra fee to simply contract them.

I've had enough of that.

These last several years, guys (many from this forum), have fixed all kinds of stuff, and installed appliances, flooring, roofing, concrete, given me selling advice, finance advice... all kinds of things.

Thanks to any of you that might read this, and a hat tip to the rest of you.

P.s.
    I'm not a salesman, lawyer, your big brother, or giving you any advice. Buyer beware.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ha!

I had a similar experience.

I 'shopped around' for a storm door install, several years ago; didn't like any of the 'fly by night' little guys. I decided to go with Home Depot (or was it Lowes?), anyhow, I contracted with them for more money, and the two guys that showed up were local 'father and son' everyday folks. I probably previously dismissed their offer, only to have a big box store take my money and extra fee to simply contract them.

I've had enough of that.

These last several years, guys (many from this forum), have fixed all kinds of stuff, and installed appliances, flooring, roofing, concrete, given me selling advice, finance advice... all kinds of things.

Thanks to any of you that might read this, and a hat tip to the rest of you.

P.s.
    I'm not a salesman, lawyer, your big brother, or giving you any advice. Buyer beware.
    HD actually was lower priced than local installers.. :)

Two guys to install storm door? Lol

I had one guy showed up to install 16' X 7' garage door.. He did a great job.. I offered to help him and said he got it... Sure enough.. I watched him install.. Amazing enough he got the job done in an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom