• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    thread resurrection...

OK, it only took me two and a half years :)
    Between poor condition and/or high price it's been hard to find one...
    Buddy of mine decided to sell off some of his stuff and gave me a pretty good deal on a nice Model B-US.
    I believe it was shipped sometime in 1942 based on model and S/N (1010xx).

Very nice. Took you long enough! :)

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Until you delve into the HS world you don't know how hard it is to find a US marked Model B in that condition. Most I see are heavily worn or stupid rare and expensive. Somd_mustangs got the best of both worlds; excellent condition and didn't empty the bank account. Hell, by my tortoise-like search standards 2 1/2 years is quick! And worth the wait in this instance.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Until you delve into the HS world you don't know how hard it is to find a US marked Model B in that condition. Most I see are heavily worn or stupid rare and expensive. Somd_mustangs got the best of both worlds; excellent condition and didn't empty the bank account. Hell, by my tortoise-like search standards 2 1/2 years is quick! And worth the wait in this instance.

Mine is in post#42 of this thread. It took me a couple of years to find in that condition. And I do vaguely remember it being stupid expensive. :)

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    HS.jpg

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    and here's mine

Here's mine, its a lefty 102 Supermatic Citation...Left handed High Standard wood target grips with medallions anyhow. I assume the grips are original, actually would prefer righties. Missing the muzzle break but not a big deal.

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
      IMG_0556.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 131
    • IMG_0559.jpg
      IMG_0559.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 130

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -This was a fantastic thread. Thought I'd resurrect it with photos of a just acquired HS Olympic M104 in .22 short. Built in 1968 so definitely a C&R! Got it dirt cheap, probably due to the left hand grips. Being a righty I'll replace them with something more appropriate. Either OEM or aftermarket (Herrett?).

Attachments

• IMGP9654.jpg
      IMGP9654.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 118
    • IMGP9651.jpg
      IMGP9651.jpg
      34.4 KB · Views: 116
    • IMGP9655.jpg
      IMGP9655.jpg
      37.8 KB · Views: 121
    • IMGP9652.jpg
      IMGP9652.jpg
      70.4 KB · Views: 115

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    -This was a fantastic thread. Thought I'd resurrect it with photos of a just acquired HS Olympic M104 in .22 short. Built in 1968 so definitely a C&R! Got it dirt cheap, probably due to the left hand grips. Being a righty I'll replace them with something more appropriate. Either OEM or aftermarket (Herrett?).

WOW!!! That is a beautiful 54 year old Olympic!!! They are great shooting, low production, VERY high quality High Standards. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Finally able to get my mitts on a NOS pair of RH Herrett target grips for the new Olympic. Will put the LH originals up for sale.

Attachments

• IMGP9713.JPG
      IMGP9713.JPG
      243.9 KB · Views: 53
    • IMGP9715.JPG
      IMGP9715.JPG
      273.4 KB · Views: 63

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    If he was OSS, the gun might be a High Standard USA HD-MS. The integrally suppressed model. High Standard made about 2,600 of them for that agency. There were a small handful that made it into the NFA registry after WWII that can be owned by civilians. I tried to buy one last year. I offered $10K, but the seller said he was looking for $35K.
    Here is a reproduction for sale on GB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom