• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    I am way ahead of you Sir as I am already a Dino. I believe there are a bunch of us on this board who will support you in this! I wish others would do the same

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Delegate, I changed to DINO a few weeks ago. It's a great idea!

Louisa, Paul Sill here, I'll try and track it down for you.

Last edited:

Lbaucom

Jul 22, 2010
    Severn, MD
    Delegate, I changed to DINO a few weeks ago. It a great idea!

Lousia, Paul Sill here, I'll try and track it down for you.

Thanks Paul- the site is wonderful, I was about to do the research on the close primaries, so the data there is perfect. thanks for posting it OCCBRIAN!!

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Del. Dwyer, I have been a Maryland voter since 1974. I have been a Democrat since March 11, 2013.

I told my delegates and senator that this is no longer a contest between Red and Blue, this is about shades of Blue.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I'm thinking we need some DINO T-shirts. :party29:

Part of the way to get the word out.

A red, white and blue dinosaur like the well known and used donkey and elephant.

With a web address underneath.

Make it cool so they can be worn.

Car magnets, too. Get the word out.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    dino_tshirt.jpg

Sharpeneddark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    Westminster
    I registered Democrat. I do not consider myself a Republican, so it was no big deal for me. It's a label, and like most labels, it has little to no significance.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Delegate you are killing me .... :lol2:

I live on the Eastern Shore where everything is "still normal" .... but my wife and I have switched to democrat to be able to affect primaries of state wide positions ... so done and done

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    already done that.

My comments/thoughts differ though for someone who is elected vs unelected.

First of all, looking at the 2010 results you handily won by 10,000 votes.

For a senator/delegate that is already elected, I am not sure its such a good strategy. The democratic "machine" may work against you in the primaries, which means you have to effectively run two campaigns (especially if you lose the primary, in which case we are all double screwed).

I would actually encourage people in your district not to go DINO in the Delegate space (not sure who the senator is offhand) because that makes the general election more competitive in 2014.

I personally think a better strategy is perhaps to make sure nearby D cronies get the boot, making the climate all around better - particularly D senators. I live in Howard County. next year I will have a good choice for a pro-2a democrat delegate, but the senator is a crony (no names) and i'd personally like to oust him - please recruit someone who can run and be competitive!

Given the 2010 election results, I would personally not risk a party change that would fire up the D machine- rather I would look to capitalize on it and help give more cronies the boot in higher office.

Now as for the overall DINO strategy, I think that the pushback is that this may discourage a good crop of R to enter the races. I actually think the opposite. Getting the tax-raising gun-grabbing cronies out must be the #1 priority IMO. Once the cronies are out (and inertia is no longer an issue), then the races will be more competitive. But like I said the target should be limited to targeting the D in office who follow MoM like lemmings. For someone already in office I think its a highly risky strategy that could backfire badly - I would harness the inertia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom