• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I searched and came up empty handed. Can Vimeo support be enabled, or is it already? I have seen on other forums you can use [VM][/VM] or sometimes just post the link and it embeds.

If someone is able, could you let me know? This is the video hosting site in question.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Say, admins ... is the Vimeo embed broken? When I use the VM /VM tags with the expected video ID from Vimeo, it embeds ... the same video that's seen two posts above in this thread. So, that's not right.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    the vm code works now, trying to fix it to when you can just post a url and it auto embeds the video. it works on advanced replies or posting a new thread just not the quick reply option.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    the vm code works now, trying to fix it to when you can just post a url and it auto embeds the video. it works on advanced replies or posting a new thread just not the quick reply option.

Thanks. Will give it a try next time around.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    So, gave this a try with a quick 60-second embed in a thread (here: https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5390830&postcount=27)

Despite setting that video up at Vimeo so that it could be played back at high res, full screen... the way the embed is rendered here, the full screen control is not presented. The object of the game is to avoid having to send the viewer away from this site and over to Vimeo in the first place, so maybe that's something that can be looked at. It would make it friendlier to users here who want to see something besides the down-scaled small embed. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom