• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Damn. Oh well. No help to us. Sure hope Kavanaugh makes it to SCOTUS.

I couldn’t give two craps about bump stocks. We have no right to own a bump stock. I know that comment will not be popular but they are dumb. You know what I care about and why I pray that Kavanaugh gets appointed? Because each of us should be allowed to own an AR-15 and each of us should be allowed to walk the streets of Baltimore (and any other place) with our pistol in our pocket. And because the Supreme Court has failed America to date by not taking up these issues and issuing opinions so that we can spend millions of tax dollars and political dollars arguing about what is a commonly owned firearm, a commonly owned magazine, whether the right to “bear arms” means a right to “bear arms.”

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I couldn’t give two craps about bump stocks. We have no right to own a bump stock. I know that comment will not be popular but they are dumb. You know what I care about and why I pray that Kavanaugh gets appointed? Because each of us should be allowed to own an AR-15 and each of us should be allowed to walk the streets of Baltimore (and any other place) with our pistol in our pocket. And because the Supreme Court has failed America to date by not taking up these issues and issuing opinions so that we can spend millions of tax dollars and political dollars arguing about what is a commonly owned firearm, a commonly owned magazine, whether the right to “bear arms” means a right to “bear arms.”
    I don’t disagree that bump stocks are dumb. I don’t own one. Don’t want to. Fully agree with the rest. Could it be SCOTUS has done us a favor by waiting to hear some of these cases? Legit question.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    I don’t disagree that bump stocks are dumb. I don’t own one. Don’t want to. Fully agree with the rest. Could it be SCOTUS has done us a favor by waiting to hear some of these cases? Legit question.

I know that they have done us a favor by not taking up these issues until it was the right time to do so, but as a gun owner and enthusiast you can appreciate why it is so frustrating to see so many years go by and so much anger and emotion be spent. They have the power to tell us what the 2A means and they haven’t, and that has very much polarized the country.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If they can take your bump stock, they’ll take your magazines and neuter your defensive firearms.

They never stop.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know that they have done us a favor by not taking up these issues until it was the right time to do so, but as a gun owner and enthusiast you can appreciate why it is so frustrating to see so many years go by and so much anger and emotion be spent. They have the power to tell us what the 2A means and they haven’t, and that has very much polarized the country.

I still worry about Roberts. He’s the new Kennedy. We know where Kavanaugh stands, and he will be a welcome addition. Does Roberts have the balls to rule in favor of carry outside the home and AR-15’s?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Why the name-calling about ATF approved long gun accessories that people choose for themselves?

Protecting Bump stock access and getting Kavanaugh on the High Court is not a zero sum game.

Both are battles that can be fought without impacting the other.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I would have to dig my box and materials out from Storage, but I believe the ATF letter is not only a copy but what I was provided was a miniaturized version of the letter – – about the size of a very large postcard.

But yes, whether full-size or half-size, I will call my enclosed ATF letter to be exactly this, as shown in the PDF

I have the 'letter' that came with my bump stock as well... it is a small card with the letter imprinted on one side and the company logo on the other side....

Sorry I’m not Rack but here is a scan of my original letter that came with my Bump Fire Systems stock if it can help. It is a two sided letter. Also I renewed my MSI membership yesterday at the Howard County gun show.

Yee haa! Collect the whole set!

I may have one of each in the file: The single pager dated 2010, the index card version, and the two page letter dated 2012.

Yes, I will poke around for mine but other issues right now have me pretty well occupied.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    ^^ Not this.

If they can take your bump stock, they’ll take your magazines and neuter your defensive firearms.

They never stop.
    Damn straight! And while we're at it, nobody needs a shotgun choke. They don't call it a "scatter gun" for no reason.

Oy.....
    ^^ These.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Damn straight! And while we're at it, nobody needs a shotgun choke. They don't call it a "scatter gun" for no reason.
    Oy.....

Add to the banned "accessories" list all those telescopic sights that only snipers use for killing people. Slippery slope indeed!

And the laser sights, red dot's, bipods, etc.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Why the name-calling about ATF approved long gun accessories that people choose for themselves?

Protecting Bump stock access and getting Kavanaugh on the High Court is not a zero sum game.

Both are battles that can be fought without impacting the other.

Come on ... There’s no name calling. A bump stock is not a firearm. It’s not protected by the Constitution anymore that a soft drink is protected by the Constitution. The fact that you want one doesn’t make it constitutionally protected. It’s absolutely not. And, you need to be honest. the BATFE didn’t “approve” bump stocks. It opined that a bump stock does not convert a semi-automatic firearm into an NFA firearm and, thus, is not prohibited and/or restricted under federal gun laws.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Come on ... There’s no name calling. A bump stock is not a firearm. It’s not protected by the Constitution anymore that a soft drink is protected by the Constitution. The fact that you want one doesn’t make it constitutionally protected. It’s absolutely not. And, you need to be honest. the BATFE didn’t “approve” bump stocks. It opined that a bump stock does not convert a semi-automatic firearm into an NFA firearm and, thus, is not prohibited and/or restricted under federal gun laws.

It’s an accessory that has passed atf muster as to not be nfa, yep that’s for sure. But it’s still just an accessory, like a scope,large capacity standard magazines, shotgun pistol grips, fire arm lights, lasers and any number of other accessories.

So letting the camel get his nose under the tent with one accessory will absolutely lead to every other accessory of the leftists get there way, as they generally do in md.

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be defended

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You guys have no understanding of the law, the world, or reality. This isn’t the Wild West. Things have progressed significantly since the 1800s.

First, are you Brian frosh?

Second Eruby is a fine very intelligent man who understands much more than you know

Third the 2a in md has nearly been destroyed by people using progressive ******** excuses

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    It’s an accessory that has passed atf muster as to not be nfa, yep that’s for sure. But it’s still just an accessory, like a scope,large capacity standard magazines, shotgun pistol grips, fire arm lights, lasers and any number of other accessories.

So letting the camel get his nose under the tent with one accessory will absolutely lead to every other accessory of the leftists get there way, as they generally do in md.

Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be defended

This is where logic goes off the rail. Whether I think that I should be allowed to own something has no relevance to whether the government is legally entitled to restrict my ownership.

One of the things that feeds anti-gun nuts is the gun enthusiast’s blind devotion to “Murica!”

We have no constitutional right to own a piece of plastic that itself is not a “firearm”. You can sit back in your La-Z-Boy while watching Live PD and pontificate to the contrary, but the fact is that we don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom