• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Anyone using/used one? If so, interested on your feedback.

I picked up a Blemished M5XI from Nanchez. They had some T5XI’s too which were about $500 less. From what I could tell on the internet they are mechanically identical. The M series has german glass and the T series has some lesser glass but I couldn’t determine where it comes from.

Ive compared the M5 side by side with Nightforce ATACR 5-25x56. At max power the M5 is a shade brighter. If the T5 is using Japenese glass it’s probably on par with the Nightforce or Vortex but I cannot say from actual experience.

Mechanically I like the M5 way better than the nightforce. The clicks are clean and crisp. As far as I can tell the reticle tracks well. I did one test at 100yds spanning 36” and all groups were hitting where expected. I had read that back in 2014 the T5XI’s had some serious tracking issues but thats since been resolved.

If you want to meet up at AGC this coming Saturday let me know and you can check it out.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I don't own one but a friend of mine that owned two (pre-beretta) M5s bought a third unit (M5) and had nothing but problems. Not on par with his two older units. His reaction? Sold all of them and bought IOR Valdadas. I liked the M5 turrets, glass, and reticles when I used them on his guns. Superior to my vortex, burris, and zeiss units. The valdadas, for what its worth, are even better still. I have no experience with the T series steiners. I would expect them to be a cheaper m5.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Steiner orginialy claimed that both the T and the M series had the same German glass, but the T series is made in America with American components. Their company website's Q&A now states "The Military is made in Germany and features our highest grade of glass we offer."

From my internet research, owners feel that the M series definitely has the better glass. I only have a T5xi 1-5, and it is pretty damn nice to my eye.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I own one. Solid scope. Are there better scopes out there in that price range??? Probably, but I have nothing but good things to say about mine. Love the elevation dial. You can’t get lost while spinning the turret. Bought it in 2017 apparently after they fixed their control problems

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I was trying to decide between the Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56 and the Bushnell Elite Tactical XRSII 4.5-30X50. Found out that Bushnell's current promo included a $200 rebate. Would still like to peak through the Steiner cause I am going to need another scope soon. Glad to hear that peeps like theirs...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    In that price range, I would look at the Vortex Razor HD Gen II.

I know when they came, a lot of people on Snipers Hide were replacing Schmidt and Bender scopes with them.

I know my Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 spotting scope has phenomenal optics.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    In that price range, I would look at the Vortex Razor HD Gen II.

I know when they came, a lot of people on Snipers Hide were replacing Schmidt and Bender scopes with them.

I know my Vortex Razor HD Gen 1 spotting scope has phenomenal optics.

I did. I am superficial. I didn't like the color. :lol2:

The Razor nice but is a lot heavier than the Bushnell or Steiner and I don't need illumination. Plus, with the current Bushnell promo, $1700 was a great deal for a scope that's in the Top-5 PRS scopes.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    If I were in the 1500-2000 price range, I would look hard at the Leupold mark 5 5-25. Very light for a 35 mm tube, but that’s the thing I don’t love about it; a 35 mm tube.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    depending on purpose, I would recommend burris xtr2 4-20 with horus reticle in the lower end of that price range and the Razor gen1 in the middle range. My experience with both has been good. I haven't needed warranty work on either yet but those I know with Vortex and Burris warranty experience have rock solid reviews of both companies. Optics are something that you will eventually wear or break parts on and most people can't fix them on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom