• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Gotta love a company that is making so much money they have money to burn on extraneous business expenses like gun control lobbying.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/05/02...rat-gun-control-lobbyists-april-records-show/

Prior to retaining Glover Park Group to push for gun control, Dick’s Sporting Goods retained the services of CSA Strategies LLC, which pushed for issues such as tax reform, cybersecurity, and patent litigation reform on behalf of Dick’s during the four-year relationship between the two companies. Both firms are headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

At least tax reform and cybersecurity have some nexus to their actual business model.

Thank god there is no margin pressure from Amazon

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    So in other words the bastards want to get the government to level the playing field by forcing their competition to abide by the same absurd rules they placed upon themselves in their pandering.

What a bunch of assholes. Always have been imho.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo
    So in other words the bastards want to get the government to level the playing field by forcing their competition to abide by the same absurd rules they placed upon themselves in their pandering.

What a bunch of assholes. Always have been imho.

It's just nuts that corporate virtue signaling has reached these new lows.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Consider for a moment that Dick's could possibly lose the business of every gun owner and hunter out there, but still be successful due to their sales of other stuff like gear for soccer, lacrosse, swimming, hiking, golfing, baseball, softball, fishing, etc.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Consider for a moment that Dick's could possibly lose the business of every gun owner and hunter out there, but still be successful due to their sales of other stuff like gear for soccer, lacrosse, swimming, hiking, golfing, baseball, softball, fishing, etc.

Just ask Sports Authority, oh wait...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So they've gone from damaging themselves to actively attempting to damage the nation. I wonder what The Donald will have to say about that?

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    They appear to be making bold, controversial gestures. I take that as a sign they are desperate.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    DKS 52 week high was $51 and change. Currently trading just over $32. If I was a major stockholder I'd be lighting the torches.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Meh. They may be in trouble , but that's because of internet competition for clothing and stick & ball stuff way more than ticked off gun owners

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    I’m looking forward to the next earnings announcement. During the last one the CEO talked about how “some customers that don’t just buy guns” are “never going to shop with us again” because of their gun control advocacy. Basically saying that they hoped to rebound by luring some people back and more so hoping that people down with gun control will choose them over competitors.

I’m sticking with my theory it’s intentionally meant to drive down price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I hope they go under. Doubt it will happen. Too many soccer moms and baseball moms to keep them afloat. If every gun owner in the country boycotted them, they might see a dent in sales. Too many fuds looking for a cheap shotgun to care about their anti status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom