Visit by Homeland Security yesterday for... a scope purchase?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awg9tech

Jan 7, 2013
    You, sir, need to find a shred of hope and work on helping change our predicament.

I have hope. Love my family, my home and my work. Ask anyone I work with and they’ll tell you that I’m one of the happiest guys around. My family and I are close and enjoy life to the fullest.

However, we’ve sugar coated it long enough. I will not lie nor make excuses for the current state of affairs. I will not excuse one political party over another. I will not excuse the hypocrisy.

Calling a spade a spade is not cursing the darkness. It’s lighting a candle. You’re not going to “change our current predicament” by continuing to foster “our current predicament”.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Or the third option:

After many years on this planet, I’ve come to realize the reality we all live in.

1. You are only as free as the state will allow you to be.

2. Many espouse the virtues of freedom and liberty, so long as it is they who get to decide to whom, and to what measure those freedoms and liberty applies.

3. And all those folks you meet at Walmart, are potential jurors of your peers, and registered voters.

This is one of those things that one should never speak of so as to not..... :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

awg9tech

Jan 7, 2013
    Meh, rights are given by providence and the individual always comes before the group. Anything else is some French Revolution era nonsense.

Well I be damn.

Here I am, thinking it was the state preventing wear and carry in Maryland.

Turns out, it was providence all along.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    1. You are only as free as the state will allow you to be.

You're only as free as you choose to be. If you choose to accept state-sponsored reduction of freedom, then your statement is true.

Choices have consequences, of course.

My refrigerator has a button which states "Freedom was not won with a handshake."

Acquiescing to the demands of The State and accepting that it is the fount of "rights" is so very European. That's why we, or our forebears, left to come here. You're "free" of course to go back, but kindly refrain from disrespecting the actions of those who work for reduction of the heavy hand of The State.

This nation was founded on the principle that the power of the state came from the consent of the governed.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    As an individual who investigates i can tell you that’s not true. I’ve talked to a ton of people who were suspects until they talked to me and their stories totally made sense, making me realize i needed to switch gears

I have an acquaintance who is a police officer. He was talking about how his unit had a 100% conviction rate. I casually asked him how many of those people he thought were actually innocent. He shrugged his shoulders and changed the subject. So long as those who enforce the law are evaluated by their peers based on conviction statistics, there at going to be individuals in that force who place case clearance and conviction rates above truth and justice. Legal protections are only available to defendants that can afford to pay for it. That's what keeps me awake at night.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I have an acquaintance who is a police officer. He was talking about how his unit had a 100% conviction rate. I casually asked him how many of those people he thought were actually innocent. He shrugged his shoulders and changed the subject. So long as those who enforce the law are evaluated by their peers based on conviction statistics, there at going to be individuals in that force who place case clearance and conviction rates above truth and justice. Legal protections are only available to defendants that can afford to pay for it. That's what keeps me awake at night.
    A friend of the family, lawyer, former army ranger and army prosicutor once said "Anyone can convict a guilty man, but it takes a really good lawyer to convict an innocent man."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why is it when someone expresses their view of the current track of society which leans outside others comfort zone, it is spun as the author giving up or acceptance when none is ever cited? True believers of any ideal will certainly in time be disappointed. Culture, values and laws have and continue to change generation by generation. Look to the recent landslide vote in Ireland to legalize abortion. All one needs to do is look across the world to understand "Rights" are what a society determines. If a man wants to live off the land hunting and fishing, the state/society has determined he must pay a tax, and limited to when. I'd think the most basic right of foraging for food would come without regulation from society. There are sovereign citizens sitting in prison in the USA for choosing their non-state sponsored given rights. Society/governments grant rights and if you notice they take them away too.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Why is it when someone expresses their view of the current track of society which leans outside others comfort zone, it is spun as the author giving up or acceptance when none is ever cited? True believers of any ideal will certainly in time be disappointed. Culture, values and laws have and continue to change generation by generation. Look to the recent landslide vote in Ireland to legalize abortion. All one needs to do is look across the world to understand "Rights" are what a society determines. If a man wants to live off the land hunting and fishing, the state/society has determined he must pay a tax, and limited to when. I'd think the most basic right of foraging for food would come without regulation from society. There are sovereign citizens sitting in prison in the USA for choosing their non-state sponsored given rights. Society/governments grant rights and if you notice they take them away too.

You’re correct but the it’s the people’s consent that allows it, that is if the people remember it. Robespierre believed the state granted all authority too and that didn’t end too well (well for the grand total of 10 minutes the French remembered politicians didn’t matter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awg9tech

Jan 7, 2013
    You're only as free as you choose to be. If you choose to accept state-sponsored reduction of freedom, then your statement is true.

Choices have consequences, of course.

My refrigerator has a button which states "Freedom was not won with a handshake."

Acquiescing to the demands of The State and accepting that it is the fount of "rights" is so very European. That's why we, or our forebears, left to come here. You're "free" of course to go back, but kindly refrain from disrespecting the actions of those who work for reduction of the heavy hand of The State.

This nation was founded on the principle that the power of the state came from the consent of the governed.

With all due respect and no offense to the refrigerator, that’s a nice high school history lesson and great political theory.

However, that is simply not how the world works. This naïveté may explain why we see a case such as Heller, only every 15-20 years or so. Many 2A supppoters are convenvced that the way things are supposed to be, are the way things work.

Yes, there are choices to be made. Many, choose the state-sponsored reduction in freedom,over prison many times a day.

I challenge you to name 5 physical activities you performed in the last week, that did not involve some regulation, law, rule or guideline from the state.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    With all due respect and no offense to the refrigerator, that’s a nice high school history lesson and great political theory.

However, that is simply not how the world works. This naïveté may explain why we see a case such as Heller, only every 15-20 years or so. Many 2A supppoters are convenvced that the way things are supposed to be, are the way things work.

Yes, there are choices to be made. Many, choose the state-sponsored reduction in freedom,over prison many times a day.

I challenge you to name 5 physical activities you performed in the last week, that did not involve some regulation, law, rule or guideline from the state.

Does eating dinner, eating my wife, taking a crap, taking out the trash, playing legos with my daughter count.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Does eating dinner, eating my wife, taking a crap, taking out the trash, playing legos with my daughter count.

Eating your dinner: The food and appliances and dinnerware are covered by a zillion laws.

Eating your wife: Try it in public and be seen doing it. There are laws against it.

Taking a crap: Try it in public and be seen doing it. There are laws against it. Also: Reduced water toilets. Regulations on how the trees were felled. Regulations on how the toilet paper was made. Water bill for water usage.

Taking out the trash: The government tells you what day to take it out. Trash one day. Recycle another day. Some jurisdictions dictate what kind of trash can you have to use.

Legos: Another zillion rules and regulations for the make-up of the plastic involved in their manufacture.

The gentleman was correct. We can't do anything that isn't tied to some law, rule, or regulation.

awg9tech

Jan 7, 2013
    Does eating dinner

Depends on where you got the food for dinner. Was it USDA inspected? Did it come from a subsidized farmer? Was it properly labeled? Did you grow your own and pay the property tax on the land you used to grow it? Did you hunt your own and have the proper licenses and stamps?

eating my wife
    Cannabalism is usually frowned upon by the state. And sometimes, so it sodomy. Did you receive the proper license and permission from the state to be able to call her your “wife”?

taking a crap
    Did you properly dispose of said excrement in accrdance with state and local regulations?

taking out the trash
    Did you properly dispose of said refuse in a proper landfill or transfer station in accordance with local ordinance?

playing legos
    Were those legos properly imported according to current regulations and trade agreements? Was the box properly labeled with the appropriate age range?

with my daughter count
    Do you have proper paperwork from the state indicating that you are the father of this child? Is that paperwork properly marked and indicated “female” so that you may label her “daughter”

I’d say no, they don’t count.Each and every once of those actions at some point involved state sanction, regulation, law or ordinance.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    :lol2::lol2:

Maryland Criminal Law Section 3-322
    Article - Criminal Law

§ 3-322.

(a) A person may not:

(1) take the sexual organ of another or of an animal in the person's mouth;

(2) place the person's sexual organ in the mouth of another or of an animal; or

(3) commit another unnatural or perverted sexual practice with another or with an animal.

(b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.

(c) A person who violates this section is subject to § 5-106(b) of the Courts Article.

(d) An indictment for a violation of this section:

(1) is sufficient if it states that the defendant committed an unnatural and perverted sexual practice with a person or animal as applicable; but

(2) need not state the particular:

(i) unnatural or perverted sexual practice with which the defendant is charged; or

(ii) manner in which the defendant committed the unnatural or perverted sexual practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom