• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I'm going to be 'that guy' and say regardless of HB1302, it's 50/50 at best that Hogan wins again.

Poor turnout, a very poor Dem candidate, and 8 years of OweMalley tax/fee/spend gave Hogan an Erlich-like victory.

The Dems HATE Hogan since he is an 'R' (regardless of opinion here), and they will do ANYTHING to get him out. My dead parents will likely vote for the Dem. Several times.

And I do hear the almost 70% approval rates, but I also hear much lower re-elect rates.

Dems stick together and they want the 'R' OUT.

It was aboout 45/55 in Mar 2014. Now I think its about 65/35 Hogan will get re-elected.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Respecting the Constitution, all of it, should be a basic requirement for elected office, and therefore a litmus test for voters. Hogan has literally signed a measure that makes it possible for your firearms to be confiscated based on hearsay, with no repercussions for the person who complains, the person signing the order, or the people executing it. That's the guy for which I'm supposed to vote? No. Pound sand.

Voting for the "most conservative candidate who can win" yields us this nonsense. Evermore "progressive" ******** from the machine and fearmongers among us will quickly hasten to defend the Communist in conservative clothing because, well, at least he's not the other guy.

There is no conservative candidate running from either major party. When that changes, let me know. Until then, Hogan and the entirety of his ilk can take a flying attempt at procreating with a rolling breakfast pastry.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    is it law yet?

when it is, I wont be voting for trump again.

its pretty simple to comprehend.

Lol. Whats easy to comprehend is that Trump was for gun control (assault weapons ban, waiting periods) before he was against it before he was for it. Didnt stop anyone here from voting for Trump.

I am still not sure who is without sin and gets to cast the first stone for Hogan. Cruz voters are like unicorns in this state.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    What difference, at this point, does it make?

You will get the same results with either of them.

Vote for a pro-2A third party candidate to send a message to Hogan and the MD GOP.

It disgusts me to say it but the end result of that will be that the true conservative candidate will not win, the rhinos will feel justified, say 'I told you so' to each other, and move even closer to the middle.

THAT is the message they will take away, not the one you are trying to send.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I have read most of your post , i do see your point and can not disagree fully with it .
    I am not saying i am the guy that would do what you are and would do but i respect the fact you have taken a position and feel strongly for it .

I am so torn about the whole F match and again we as gun owners suffer for owning guns . We are the black sheep of the state . Or maybe not enough of us are being heard or standing up .
    It is a combination of factors , too many people stay home . If we voted in large blocks that will make a difference .

That is correct, and that's one huge advantage that Democrats and the left has over us. They're like a hive mind that stays unified and don't fight amongst themselves like we do. That's because we and the left have different world views. The left are collectivists that have goals, not principles, and they support anything that works toward those goals. We on the other hand, are individualists who don't want to be told what to do, and generally put our principles first. That's why they usually come out on top, unfortunately.

But we can beat this, and we can do it without sacrificing our principles or our individualistic world-view. We need to unify, both our goals and our methods, and work towards them together.

If we can get rid of the Stockholm syndrome political ideas, and get people to shrug off their BGOS, we can make a difference. If we all, together, vow NOT to vote for anti-2A candidates, REGARDLESS of the consequences, then things will eventually get better. It is going to SUCK for a long time, maybe even decades. But it is the ONLY way to dig ourselves out of this mess. Voting for candidates who oppose our liberty just because they keep us slightly comfortable will lose us our liberty, AND (eventually) our comfort.

This is a FIGHT, and we need to start treating it like one.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Lol. Whats easy to comprehend is that Trump was for gun control (assault weapons ban, waiting periods) before he was against it before he was for it. Didnt stop anyone here from voting for Trump.

I am still not sure who is without sin and gets to cast the first stone for Hogan. Cruz voters are like unicorns in this state.

welp we got trump, we got a conservative SC justice, we've got several conservative judges and now trump wants to put some conservatives on the 9th.

the stock markets holding fairly steady

theres much much more work than ever right now

the economy is rolling.

so unless trump does something stupid to the 2a I am satisfied.

folks that aren't , well maybe they were part of the swamp or the problem or something.

we shall see

but one things absolutely 100% for certain, Hogan fvcked us. already a done deal. shoved it right in and is smiling for the cameras while hes doing it.

he asked for these bills so he could sign them into law and he got them.

nothing we did made one ounce of difference other than to water 1302 down a bit. its still unconstitutional on the face of itself.

so Hogan and the republicans who voted for this mess in the first place are dead to me. I will never vote for them ever.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    It disgusts me to say it but the end result of that will be that the true conservative candidate will not win, the rhinos will feel justified, say 'I told you so' to each other, and move even closer to the middle.

THAT is the message they will take away, not the one you are trying to send.

What true conservative candidate? In Maryland? Can you point this individual out, please?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    That is correct, and that's one huge advantage that Democrats and the left has over us. They're like a hive mind that stays unified and don't fight amongst themselves like we do. That's because we and the left have different world views. The left are collectivists that have goals, not principles, and they support anything that works toward those goals. We on the other hand, are individualists who don't want to be told what to do, and generally put our principles first. That's why they usually come out on top, unfortunately.

But we can beat this, and we can do it without sacrificing our principles or our individualistic world-view. We need to unify, both our goals and our methods, and work towards them together.

If we can get rid of the Stockholm syndrome political ideas, and get people to shrug off their BGOS, we can make a difference. If we all, together, vow NOT to vote for anti-2A candidates, REGARDLESS of the consequences, then things will eventually get better. It is going to SUCK for a long time, maybe even decades. But it is the ONLY way to dig ourselves out of this mess. Voting for candidates who oppose our liberty just because they keep us slightly comfortable will lose is our liberty, AND (eventually) our comfort.

This is a FIGHT, and we need to start treating it like one.

no no, wear suits, talk nice, say please and thank you as they shove it in dry. its the Maryland republican way.

don't ask for something because this is Maryland, the only place in the world were nothing IS something.

sarcasm intended

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I can't believe Hogan has sh!t all over every gun owner in America and many here are still planning to vote for him.

8247534.jpg

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    America in Miniature ...

I'm going to be 'that guy' and say regardless of HB1302, it's 50/50 at best that Hogan wins again.

Poor turnout, a very poor Dem candidate, and 8 years of OweMalley tax/fee/spend gave Hogan an Erlich-like victory.

The Dems HATE Hogan since he is an 'R' (regardless of opinion here), and they will do ANYTHING to get him out. My dead parents will likely vote for the Dem. Several times.

And I do hear the almost 70% approval rates, but I also hear much lower re-elect rates.

Dems stick together and they want the 'R' OUT.

Maryland politics are a microcosm of national politics.

In fact, watch how the DemocRATS line up their candidates for successive promotion from local to state to national positions ... Van Hollen and Raskin won't be the only ones in Washington if this trend continues. It's like they draw straws on who gets what seat next, and if you REALLY want to know why The HildeBeast is pissed, you just need to understand that her Presidency was plotted out ahead of time by the DNC and handed to her with a bow tied around it ... then along came Trump.

Like America, the PRofMD used to have a vast 'flyover section' until too many DemocRAT governors in succession, gerrymandered it out of existence. With the 2020 census looming, voting Hogan out in 2018 is their goal, and if SCOTUS can't fix it, R's will never win another statewide election, let alone send one to congress.

Hogan must play the cards he's been dealt ... same for our votes this November. Queue Kenny Rogers ...

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I can't believe Hogan has sh!t all over every gun owner in America and many here are still planning to vote for him.

8247534.jpg

and RABID about it.

you would think on a gun board that voting out and anti gun governor would be a great thing but I get blasted for saying it.

like I keep saying even omalley couldn't pull off confiscation without due process. Hogan asked for it and got it.

then a letter appears saying he didn't want due process messed with but hes still signing it anyway?

WTF

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    That pretty much sums up the way I feel.

It's politics, boys and girls; you take the pick of the litter, whatever the litter turns out to be in November. Would you rather vote for a non-rabid, tepid "2A neutral" candidate, or a rabidly Progressive anti-2A one? Regardless of who winds up running, those are our upcoming choices, IMO. Saw it before, I think we'll see it again.

BTW, you can also throw your vote away on someone who is rabidly pro-2A but completely unknown, like the Mighty Quinn or me. Same final effect: Votes subtracted from a moderate and the Progressive gun grabber wins yet again.

Flame away...

So the choice is AIDS or Herpes in this state. Neither are curable, one may kill you but either way you have to make adjustments to live your life....

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    Question for those of you who will still support Hogan considering what Hogan has just signed in to law. Is there a threshold or breaking point for you when you would no longer support the lesser of 2 evils which seems to be customary in this state? I mean , how bad would it have to get for you to say enough is enough? Just posing an honest question here.

Bourbonstamps

Dec 23, 2015
    Question for those of you who will still support Hogan considering what Hogan has just signed in to law. Is there a threshold or breaking point for you when you would no longer support the lesser of 2 evils which seems to be customary in this state? I mean , how bad would it have to get for you to say enough is enough? Just posing an honest question here.

they think he is no less anti-gun than the democrats. they are wrong.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

I have asked that exact question honestly about 25 times. it will never get answered by the true Hogannites.

theres nothing he could do to stop them from voting for him and they wont honestly answer this question.

he can ask for a red flag bill to signinto law and do it
    he can ask for a bump stock ban bill and sign it into law
    he can not ask the MSP super to allow self defense as g and s
    he can go on the radio and in the newspapaers and swear that 95% of the people who apply get ccw permits when he knows that's untrue

it doesn't matter what he does, he will get votes from his loyal base

jmo

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom