• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    The M1A cancels out a LOT of that Ghey, but not all of it

That's a VERY valid point, another is his ownership of HK products, that takes his Ghey factor down a few notches as well. ;)

As a USP .45 owner, my ghey level is slightly reduced, but the beretta .40 and piston AR kinda offset the sheer bad-assness of HK ownership. :o

Just get a HK in .40. Mine is a p30 soon gonna add a usp.

Don't know what your AR is, but I like my lmt piston and my LWRC!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    USP's are nice, mine throws brass kinda funny though, sometimes right back into your face - spent .45 casings have just enough mass to keep you on your toes.

I took a chance and tried a Stag Model 8, just sent it in to have it checked out though, possible headspace or chamber throat issue.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Yes i was curious and went with a .40....im comfortable and happy with my decision. Lol

Im actually about to get another one i think...cant find a 9mm 229 and im starting to become iffy on 228's so a 229 in .40 may not be a bad thing for what i want to do with it.

Brad...ull always be a piston puffer...technically you still own it anyway hahahaa i think you should be called Bruno instead of Brad with all that gheyness

For those that dont know...what the movie "bruno" and youll understand what i mean

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    BradMacc82; said:
    Bad joke of the day - A bullet is cheaper than a divorce. :innocent0

And several fold if you get caught! Free room and board, meals and maybe even a free gurney strap down, and needle poke depending on state!

Not getting married is cheaper than all options! (Just dont tell the girlfriend- otherwise she might end up with the free room and board!)

40rules

Sep 7, 2018
    The 40 Short & Wimpy is flat-nose for one simple reason, and that is because it is SO GHEY that it has taken all logic regarding projectile design and dismissed it as inconvenient. :D :lol2:

Actually that is a question I'd like to have some light shed on if I'm honest, cause I don't have a clue.
    Actually the 40 is flat nose so weak wristed girly girls who shoot the 9 wont accidentally fire one and hurt their lip stick applying hand. Lol

No just kidding,

The 40 is in fact flat so that the heaver than 9 projectile could be achieved while maintaining the same lenght thereby allowing the 40 to function in 9mm sized firearms.

Sorry about the joke, couldn't resist.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Um... welcome!

I hope you didn't join just to resurrect a 6 1/2 year old thread?

:)

Actually the 40 is flat nose so weak wristed girly girls who shoot the 9 wont accidentally fire one and hurt their lip stick applying hand. Lol

No just kidding,

The 40 is in fact flat so that the heaver than 9 projectile could be achieved while maintaining the same lenght thereby allowing the 40 to function in 9mm sized firearms.

Sorry about the joke, couldn't resist.

40rules

Sep 7, 2018
    Um... welcome!

I hope you didn't join just to resurrect a 6 1/2 year old thread?

:)

No Sir, I was looking up that question myself when I came across that thread and was just excited to be able to help answer someones question.
    Didn't even notice the date!
    My apologies Gentlemem, carry on.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    What? I have been ghey all these years and didn't know? I own Walther P99 40 SW since it first came out.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Weeping

th

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Listen piston puffer, you have no right to call anything ghey

Im sleep happy with my glock 22....in .40 i trust. Lol

Good question, have been curious myself.

Pretty sure the FMJ 10mm stuff from Underwood and buffalo bore is flat nose too. And at 767ft/lbs it doesn't qualify as ghey.

Edit:. Holy thread necro, Batman

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    What? I have been ghey all these years and didn't know? I've owned a Walther P99 40 SW since I first came out.

I've got a p99as in 9mm. Absolutely love the gun. I dislike that they got rid of the paddle mag release on the newer PPQs.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Paddle mag release is great. It wastes little effort and energy to move my thumb there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom