• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Don't waste your breath around here.... as far as most Members here are concerned, no one benefits from Cannabis and it's all a big ploy for people to get high.

Alcohol use/abuse? That we're totally fine with, drinking yourself into a stupor is perfectly acceptable as alcohol is legal per out Government.

Really, who it so vehemently against it? You are being like a temperamental UXO, ready to go off at the slightest breeze.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Really, who it so vehemently against it? You are being like a temperamental UXO, ready to go off at the slightest breeze.
    Several,....dozen or so regular Members here who are open alcohol and tobacco users who haven't the slightest clue about marijuana but know (somehow) it's the Devils work and must remain as illegal as heroin.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don't even know what a "UXO" is, never heard the term.

I am however VERY familiar with how safe and friendly alcohol use is made to sound by people who don't even understand it's a drug.

Brikhaus

Jun 7, 2013
    Western Marylandistan
    If she does than just transfer them to the husband , As G. Gordon Liddy use to say "As a convicted Felon I can't have any Firearms but My Wife has a nice collection "

I believe that "The G Man" said "As a convicted felon, it is against the law for me to possess a firearm, so I don't. However, Mrs. Liddy owns several guns, some of which she chooses to keep under my side of the bed." Or words to that effect.

I'm only picking, because I always loved that response from him. Yours is certainly in keeping with the spirit that he was expressing!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'm not sure where you're going with that, but CBD is not the active/psychoactive cannabinoid in marijuana, that is THC. THC is what get's you "high" and what they screen for in urinalysis.
    Don't bother clogging the thread up with actual FACTS on the matter.......

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For the OP's question , read all the discussions here and elsewhere about * Constructive Possession * . It is a fluid concept without definitive case law . INNAL , and Esqappelate' post in this thread is clearly marked as not being Legal Advice . But that post would be a reasonable and prudent starting point on the subject .

As to why opposition ? Beyond Big Pharma conspiracy theories , there is still a not insignificant voting block of neo- puritan bible thumpers that would be energized by the thought of unambiguous legalization .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have to say this is the only place I find people against pot.

Yeah, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does NOT apply to this subject among some here. Not a concern really and I don’t understand why some are saying it is bad / worse than alcohol but I will defend to the death your right to say it. :)
    I’m just some bum on the interweb so take that with a grain of salt.

Yeah, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness does NOT apply to this subject among some here. Not a concern really and I don’t understand why some are saying it is bad / worse than alcohol but I will defend to the death your right to say it. :)
    They are just as bad as the anti gunners and it's pretty hypocritical if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Several,....dozen or so regular Members here who are open alcohol and tobacco users who haven't the slightest clue about marijuana but know (somehow) it's the Devils work and must remain as illegal as heroin.

Don't know if either post is directed at me, but while I often post "Hugs, not drugs", I don't think they should be illegal.

Freedom can be beautiful, but it can also be ugly, and dangerous.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My post wasn't directed at anyone specific. I just find it funny that users of drugs (including alchohol, nicotine, dick pills and caffeine) like to be the morality police when it comes to a drug that isn't one THEY chose to use.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I'd guess millions of people in this country smoke pot just a few times a year and are productive members of society, doctors, school teachers, etc. obviously they just dont make that known to a lot of folks. Another guess is that all these people would still only smoke pot a few times a year even if it was totally legalized.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'd guess millions of people in this country smoke pot just a few times a year and are productive members of society, doctors, school teachers, etc. obviously they just dont make that known to a lot of folks. Another guess is that all these people would still only smoke pot a few times a year even if it was totally legalized.
    This applies to 98% of society in regards to 98% of the laws, rules and regulations we are supposed to live under.

If that weren't true we would wouldn't have so many people locked up for total bullschit,... drug possessio/sales/manufacturing, prostitution, illegal gambling, etc.

Just about everyone is doing some type of illegal shit but as a society we still feel the need to KEEP most of it illegal because the machine is too big and powerful to stop. Follow the money, WHO loses if people can self medicate with something anyone can grow in their side yard with minimal effort?

I'll give you a few pointers, alcohol manufacturers and distributors, big pharmaceutical companies and sellers, the tax man.......so on and so on.

Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    My post wasn't directed at anyone specific. I just find it funny that users of drugs (including alchohol, nicotine, dick pills and caffeine) like to be the morality police when it comes to a drug that isn't one THEY chose to use.

You're right, everyone hates a hypocrite.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Don't waste your breath around here.... as far as most Members here are concerned, no one benefits from Cannabis and it's all a big ploy for people to get high.

Alcohol use/abuse? That we're totally fine with, drinking yourself into a stupor is perfectly acceptable as alcohol is legal per out Government.

People say they dont trust politicians. Then they say to voice to the politicians your thoughts to sway their opinion. Personally, idgaf about politics. Its a rigged game where your rights get infringed no matter who you vote for(even trump with the take the guns first, then due process).

If someone eats a brownie or smokes a joint I have a hard time finding a victim. Tell me I'm wrong.

I'm always going to follow my moral compass and the golden rule. Its worked so far.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I'll be honest, I prefer to be sober but I would try it to see if it helps with pain, but only if it is federally legal. I don't think it could possibly worth giving up my freedom. But I believe that it should be legal with possibly an age restriction. It is relatively tame compared to all sorts of legal substances and legality would make research a lot easier. And even if I don't want to get high, I am not prepared to bust down someone's door and tell them what to do with their life.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

That’s my perspective on it, wouldn’t want to drink to intoxication on a regular basis nor get high every day regardless of legality.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    That’s my perspective on it, wouldn’t want to drink to intoxication on a regular basis nor get high every day regardless of legality.

"Eat not to dullness, drink not to elevation,” ben "hundred dolla hi point" Franklin. But I digress and enjoy the motto "work hard, play hard".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom