• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I personally think the in person interview is a waste of every ones time. It is not SOP, So it must be an unwritten order.

Buzz826

Sep 15, 2018
    The whole procedure in Maryland is a joke not always a waste of time and abuse a power a rip off of tax dollars because your Paying the official with taxes and you paying them to talk to you.and look at your paperwork.. It's a shame Maryland is so out of control I had my interview they maybe drive to College Park which is about 30to40 minutes from where I live and I live down the street from a state police barracks that's would take me on a bad day 5min to get to

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I have my in person interview with MSP Tuesday morning at the BelAir Barracks. My application was submitted 2/6/19. I had a brief phone call interview yesterday. The officer was very professional that did the phone interview was very polite IMO.

Application submitted 2/6, in person interview 4/30. Permit arrived today. I was told expect 6 to 8 weeks.

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    3-4 months from application date would be a good guess. I suspect the MSP is covered up in applications now. Be patient and if you get a permit with a restriction, apply for both an informal (with MSP trooper) review and a formal (by the HPRB) review. I have the "DOD Contractor" restriction and hope to get a hearing before the HPRB to get it lifted (if the MSP doesn't take the restriction removal to court). My informal review with the trooper was useless, except to show him that permit holders can be a responsible, polite bunch.

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    Agreed. If did nothing for me. MSP probably only holds "Informal Reviews" to appear reasonable in giving the citizenry a voice. Nonsense. And if we knew how many permit actions were reversed by an informal review (my guess is less than 1%), we could expose the practice for the sham that I suspect it is. Can we find that out? Maybe a FOIA request?

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    Evidently, only a few officers are "qualified" to do the interviews, and not every MSP Barracks has one. The reality is that the officers must be able to patiently listen to citizens, in various degrees of frustration, and then act concerned and show empathy, all the while knowing that nothing is going to change because the Superintendent of the Maryland State Police, and State Attorney General Frosh, have already decided what constitutes a sufficient reason for a W&C permit. Not every person, and certainly not every cop, has that politician's mindset and can ignore peoples' rational arguments and show no emotion, even if you personally agree with them. I would have a hard time doing it.
    Sgt Pickle at Pikesville was pleasant, polite and friendly, and then told me nothing would change unless the MSP policy changed up-channel.

MackM

MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2018
    A lady contractor did my initial interview. Very polite and friendly. After I left, she immediately called my wife at the number I provided, and then my 3 references the next day.

Minibee20634

May 28, 2019
    I just moved to Southern Maryland and I want to get my wear and carry. What is the best way to go about getting it? I've been told that if I go through a company that I would have a better chance of actually getting the permit versus me just applying on my own.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I just moved to Southern Maryland and I want to get my wear and carry. What is the best way to go about getting it? I've been told that if I go through a company that I would have a better chance of actually getting the permit versus me just applying on my own.
    What do you mean by "a company"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom