• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    And it only took 30 years to get one! I actually ordered this over a year ago but it took all this time to have it manufactured, shipped and finally placed on the marylifornia roster. JDI only imported 51 of these so I consider myself a lucky man. Below are a few pictures prior to it being cleaned up. The exterior is bone dry but there's plenty of that marvelous automatenfett on the insides! It was so nice of the MSP to fire it without protecting the finish on the receiver and then leave it dirty for me. Actually, it's probably better that they didn't clean it prior to returning it because they would most likely have screwed something up anyways. If God were to redesign the AK-74 into the perfect 5.56 firearm, this would be it!

I love how the Swiss do things in their own overcomplicated way. The flash hider is integral with the barrel. Because why thread the barrel and install a device like everyone else does when you can just machine it right in there as a part of the barrel and thread the end of it? That's gotta' keep production costs down right? Meh...cost, schmost……

The front sight has a flip up integral night sight with a tritium insert:

Do any of you guys know what the "10" means?

The 100m setting on the rear sight has a notch with tritium inserts too:

The 200-400 settings are apertures.

Of course, it wouldn't be Swiss without the quintessential cross. MMM..mmm GOOD!!!

I REALLLY wanted one of these back in the 80's but I was simply too poor so I missed out. Thankfully, while I'm still poor, I'm not so poor that I had to miss out this time. Once in a while, even a boob like me gets lucky!

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Very cool. I presume (hope) you’re going to SBR it?

Does the stock replace that plate? Where do you do the engraving? Are 922R parts hard to find?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Very cool. I presume (hope) you’re going to SBR it?

Does the stock replace that plate? Where do you do the engraving? Are 922R parts hard to find?

I plan on moving it out of this state so that it an be enjoyed the way it was designed to be. 922 parts are not a problem and, yes sir, the plate is replaced with a stock.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I don't have any pictures of the insides of this one but I do have some of the insides of a SG 751 which is just a 7.62x51 version of the same rifle. Similar to HK, Swiss Arms just changed the length of the receiver to accommodate the longer 7.62 round...but I'm getting off topic. Yes, it's more or less just a redesigned AK. Of course, the Swiss made it precision and added a lot of sophistication that the AK lacks. Here are some 751 pictures. You can see a lot of AK in the Swiss Mix:

Like an AK, it's a long stroke gas piston but, unlike an AK, the piston is detachable from the carrier. Also, the recoil spring is housed in the gas tube.

The upper carrier is .308 while the lower is 5.56.:

Again, 7.62 above a 5.56.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Glad to see it finally got approved!!! I want one of these so bad but I can’t afford it right now.

By the way, apparently the owner of JDI announced that he was willing to import more stuff from Swiss Arms if he has at least 20 people making orders. Maybe we should do a forum wide group buy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom