• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I have a friend who is real estate agent, rental property owner, and investor, got his permit albeit with restrictions, asked for review with MSP, had review with MSP and after stating he is working all the time was told his in restricted permit will be mailed shortly. Maybe they are tired of getting beat up at HPRB or they want les publicity for the overturns.

NOBODY

GlockxRob

Jul 24, 2013
    Annapolis
    Just wanted to update everyone on my permit process thus far.

I went to my informal review where 1SG sustained the denial back in July. I immediately reacted asking for a HPRB hearing (formal hearing) which I complete this past tuesday (OCT 3). The Board saw fit that I indeed had G&S and overturned the MDSP to issue an unrestricted permit. G&S can be found below. Thanks.

1. For any lawful purpose;

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

3. Current military member (US Army Officer) See DD-214;

4. Work at fort Belvoir (targeted by: ISIS and other radicalized groups);

5. DOD Secret clearance ;

6. DOJ security clearance (pending adjudication);

7. DOD credentials always on person (PIV/Access card);

8. DOJ credentials always on person (ATF PIV/Access card);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

11. Credit cards exceeding $20,000 USD;

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Just wanted to update everyone on my permit process thus far.

I went to my informal review where 1SG sustained the denial back in July. I immediately reacted asking for a HPRB hearing (formal hearing) which I complete this past tuesday (OCT 3). The Board saw fit that I indeed had G&S and overturned the MDSP to issue an unrestricted permit. G&S can be found below. Thanks.

1. For any lawful purpose;

2. OPM data breach, Due to the recent hacking of the Office of Personnel Management System database, which I am apart of, is currently being sold Online which contains all but not limited to the following information contained on the SF86; A. Current security clearances held, B. current address of work, C. current address of residence, D. physical description as well as immediate family members, E. military history. F. Full name, G. Social Security number, H. date and place of birth, educational background, employment history, personal foreign travel, other information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances and other information used to conduct and adjudicate background investigations. (See documentation attached);

3. Current military member (US Army Officer) See DD-214;

4. Work at fort Belvoir (targeted by: ISIS and other radicalized groups);

5. DOD Secret clearance ;

6. DOJ security clearance (pending adjudication);

7. DOD credentials always on person (PIV/Access card);

8. DOJ credentials always on person (ATF PIV/Access card);

9. Recent attacks on Law-Enforcement Officers and Military members from radicalized groups;

10. lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland;

11. Credit cards exceeding $20,000 USD;

Only 1 and 10 would apply to the average joe blow! Im sure yours was neither.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Dropping off a application in person Thursday

-I am a small business owner (also planning on starting a second business for 2018 that is more off hours) with expensive equipment carrying cash and checks daily
    -Any lawful purpose
    -Credit cards with very high limits

Those are the few G&S reasons off the top of my head, and other general ones I can add?

Has anyone that is solely a small business owner been granted a UNRESTRICTED?
    I realize its highly unlikely but if so what worked for you? Assuming it had to be appealed and then the process was worthwhile or waste of time in many cases??

Thanks

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Since I have been hiatus for a while...

Regarding to the MD Permit, I have been thinking about getting one. Many do not know but I'm deaf and only communicate in ASL. I know that would not prevent me from anything like that since I had a Florida CCW and currently applying for VA Non-Residence CCW.

What are the real chances for the Average Joe?
    Should I just apply and see what happens or would it be a waste of time until MD loose up little bit with the G&S requirement.

Mine would be:
    * For any lawful purpose
    * lawfully protect family and self outside of my home and while traversing the state of Maryland
    * OPM data breach (current job)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Dropping off a application in person Thursday

-I am a small business owner (also planning on starting a second business for 2018 that is more off hours) with expensive equipment carrying cash and checks daily
    -Any lawful purpose
    -Credit cards with very high limits

Those are the few G&S reasons off the top of my head, and other general ones I can add?

Has anyone that is solely a small business owner been granted a UNRESTRICTED?
    I realize its highly unlikely but if so what worked for you? Assuming it had to be appealed and then the process was worthwhile or waste of time in many cases??

Thanks

Of your three reasons for G&S throw out 2 & 3, MSP doesn't give a crap. If you are a legitimate business owner then you have G&S and will be given a permit with restrictions that read "Valid only while conducting business as the owner of the Hillary Clinton Pantsuit Company".

Isn't that right Sgt. Durkee? :wave:

As for your other query do a search here.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Of your three reasons for G&S throw out 2 & 3, MSP doesn't give a crap. If you are a legitimate business owner then you have G&S and will be given a permit with restrictions that read "Valid only while conducting business as the owner of the Hillary Clinton Pantsuit Company".

Isn't that right Sgt. Durkee? :wave:

As for your other query do a search here.

I figured the other 2 G&S reasons were stupid and MSP does not care less but seen it posted several times..

Now the last part I read thru quite a few pages but 30mins later of reading nothing really worth noting

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Cbburke -

#1 & 2 currently non-starters .

#3 - Potentially , depending upon the totality of your situation. ( Current active Security Clearence is starting point ).

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Finishing up my app here to drop off tomorrow and concerned about
    10)Have you ever been ARRESTED for a violation of any criminal law..

I was arrested at 18 for DUI nearly 20yrs ago, it was expunged.
    I have no record of it and I cannot even remember the month let alone the day. Maryland case search shows absolutely nothing
    So therefore I am only left with putting down my age of arrest and year but I do not know how I could even attach any record of the arrest, court decsicion etc with no record. Was it basically zapped into thin air because it was expunged or does MSP still have record or can see an arrest?
    Maybe I can explain such during my interview

Thanks

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

I was arrested at 18 for DUI nearly 20yrs ago, it was expunged.
    I have no record of it and I cannot even remember the month let alone the day. Maryland case search shows absolutely nothing
    So therefore I am only left with putting down my age of arrest and year but I do not know how I could even attach any record of the arrest, court decsicion etc with no record. Was it basically zapped into thin air because it was expunged or does MSP still have record or can see an arrest?
    Maybe I can explain such during my interview

Thanks

I don't think I would wait until the interview. Maybe call up there and ask? Just give them that run down. I think it has been discussed a few times about expungements and arrests. Most tend to say expungement = never happened, but MSP still has that record. So if you don't say you've been arrested, but if they even just see a glimpse of it from "arrest records", you have lied because MSP doesn't speak expungement = never happened.
    Remember, asking someone if they were arrested is not the same as if you've ever been charged with a crime, convicted, etc... Arrested is just that, put into handcuffs for something. Asking if arrested isn't asking what the outcome of an arrest was. Ultimately they ask the outcome of that arrest and there ya go, explaining the whole ball of wax anyway. Know what I mean?

That's what I would do. YMMV. I don't think anyone here would know how to or want to tell you to answer that question. That's one you need to take upon yourself.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012

...it was expunged.

I was told to include a copy of the expungement record and the subject will be moot.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I was told to include a copy of the expungement record and the subject will be moot.

Super-Secret-Secret-Squirrel.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom