• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrewQ1

Mar 9, 2016
    I went out to West Virginia this past weekend with some friends for some defensive training. The place is called Antares Defense

https://antaresdefense.com/

It was my second time there and the place is great. I don't have anything to compare it to but being 4hrs away in Alderson and off of I-64 and less than $200 for 2 days of shooting...it doesn't get any better. We stayed in a hotel in Lewisburg which is only about a 25min drive away from the range. We did everything from shooting paper and steel, night shooting, scenarios and drills, plate rack, plate trees and he has a shoot house we did during the day and night and worked outside perimeter and inside. We were supposed to drills showing how to enter and exit out of a car with a carbine and pistol and to engage a threat but we were running out of time and had to make the 4hr drive back. Me and the guys are planning on going back again in October or November. The owner is a retired Marine and NYPD cop hence we call him Gunner. I came across this place because the guys I went with were in the Military with him and they have been going to his range for almost 10 years since he got it and invited me to come along.

His class sizes are usually from 8-10 people and he doesnt take on more than that. He prefers to keep it personal. You do a few hours of class training and then your outside the rest of the time. The class time depends on your experience level. If your a beginner then class time is usually longer.
    He also lets another school use his property for courses but they also utilize an abandon quarry for long range precision shooting and they may have up to 20 people in class. He said the local Sheriffs department also use the property for training as well.

Just wanted to share this place with you guys in case you some of you have never heard of it and may want to check it out. Its no gunsite or taran tactical but its definitely less expensive and you can have a great time.
    After shooting outdoors...I dont want to go to an indoor range again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom