• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 89BSP

Jun 12, 2013
    Allegany County
    Recently acquired a late 60's Browning shotgun that seems in good shape, but just has one battle scar about 2" on the stock. Is there anything that can be done to make it less noticeable? I do not want to refinish it and kill its character, just tone down this mark some.

d78314c4-fd0e-469c-8a1c-18788e683dcd_zpsmvjkeses.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    S2_zpsj4nrrw0v.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Looks like it's mostly in the clear coat they put on it. Short of finding out what it is, filling it with some replacement and then taking some steelwool to it to level it out, I think you'd be looking at stripping off the whole top coat.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Try some "Liquid Gold". It used to do wonders on my guitars. It won't fill them in, but makes most scratches much less noticeable.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Looks like it's mostly in the clear coat they put on it. Short of finding out what it is, filling it with some replacement and then taking some steelwool to it to level it out, I think you'd be looking at stripping off the whole top coat.

this :thumbsup: take a clean fine touch up brush fill area in with clear then level. if you have a good furniture repair company near by call them and ask if they can do a burn in repair for you

outrider58

Call me Gee
    MDS Supporter
    That looks like a pretty deep embossing... I don't think this will be an easy fix. Start by pressing a warm (not dripping) wet towel onto it. Re-wet the towel every few minutes to see if yo can bring the impression out. A day later you can approach the finish repair.

nb4602

nb405
    Feb 28, 2013
    Rosedale
    Yeap , Home Depot in the wood stain section . Minwax has both wood color wax pencils and paint markers . I have several of them and often work like magic . There are a half dozen colors , Walnut , Early American , ect .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom