• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Do I have a grace period for the book to arrive ? Meaning I have an item that has been in C&R purgatory , since even before I sent the 003 application the first time ( seperate long story) , do I have to wait still longer to have Book in hand ?

Added - Could I get rolling with an interm Book, and when "perminent" book arrives transfer the info ?

For that matter may I keep a duplicate Backup Book ?

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    Do I have a grace period for the book to arrive ? Meaning I have an item that has been in C&R purgatory , since even before I sent the 003 application the first time ( seperate long story) , do I have to wait still longer to have Book in hand ?

Added - Could I get rolling with an interm Book, and when "perminent" book arrives transfer the info ?

For that matter may I keep a duplicate Backup Book ?

In theory, you're supposed to enter stuff in your book within 24 hours of a transfer.

So, here's what you do. You grab a spiral bound notebook from your junk drawer (even a spiral bound notepad works. BOUND is the key word here) and you enter what was transferred, who it was transferred from, what date it was transferred, and any other pertinent info (S/N, make, model, caliber, etc).

Ta-Da! You've just made an entry in your bound book! What's that you say? You have a nicer bound book on it's way? Well, just copy over the info from your old bound book to the new one when it gets there and you'll remain 100% compliant.

The BATFE literally doesn't give two cents about what your bound book is made of, just that it's a physical bound book.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The instruction/info pack usually arrives a little later :)

You can make a spreadsheet with the proper fields and print it out, put it in a 3-ring binder or buy a compliant book.
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...factory&rh=i:aps,k:ffl+bound+book+bookfactory

I like these ^^^ because they are compliant whereas some of the other "officlal FFL-03 collector bound books" are not.

What he said.

There are a ton of "bound book pages" on the web; they all have spaces for the required info plus extra stuff. I keep my log page in a 3-ring binder with my original license and a bunch of unsigned copies, so everything is in one place.

It's also helpful to scan a signed copy of your license (recommend .jpg format; it's smaller IMO) to email or upload to your retailer of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom